autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 on windows?

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Thanks everybody,
    Any tips on application on glass or is it still follow the directions on the bottle?
    Just make sure to use it extra sparingly and let it cure for 30 minutes or so if you are able to. Other than that, it should go on and off very easily and produce great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Stoners invisible glass does not contain ammonia, so I'm not sure why it would strip the wax off the windows?
    A glass cleaner does not need ammonia to remove LSP. The alcohol it in and the type of cleaners used in the glass cleaner can and will strip LSP's.

I dont like to apply waxes to my windshield because you can sometimes get chatter from the wipers. I find that a fully clean and clayed glass will bead water just find. Also whenever I wash my car I just put a coat of AW on as I'm doing the car to give it a little something.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    A glass cleaner does not need ammonia to remove LSP. The alcohol it in and the type of cleaners used in the glass cleaner can and will strip LSP's.
    Gotcha!

FYI, there's a certain brand class cleaner that just came out with a new glass sealant. The glass cleaner claims no ammonia or alcohol. I would hope their glass cleaner would not strip their glass sealant. This combo looks interesting to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've waxed my windows lots of times, mostly with Max Wax. No problems for the most part, I quit doing the windshield because my wipers got really streaky and... smeary? lol I suspect wax was the culprit. Now I have Bosch Icons and love them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Thanks everybody,
    Any tips on application on glass or is it still follow the directions on the bottle?
    Apply it thin, almost transparent, let dry and buff off. I've been waxing my glass longer than I'd care to admit.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    I dont like to apply waxes to my windshield because you can sometimes get chatter from the wipers. I find that a fully clean and clayed glass will bead water just find. Also whenever I wash my car I just put a coat of AW on as I'm doing the car to give it a little something.
    I have never had this issue... In fact, now that I think about it I wonder if it makes the wipers last longer. My car is going on 3 years old and I still have the original wipers on it... They still work great.
    Last edited by Racin10s; 03-20-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: corrected misspellings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Apply it thin, almost transparent, let dry and buff off. I've been waxing my glass longer than I'd care to admit.
    it should be applied by hand or it can be with rotary? if yes, which pad would be the correct one?
    Enjoy washing your car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezeyhomero View Post
    it should be applied by hand or it can be with rotary? if yes, which pad would be the correct one?
    I wouldn't recommend doing via a buffer, DA or rotary. I applied 845 with my PC and a CCS blue pad to the windows of my dad's RX400h and it generated a crazy amount of static which I thought was really weird. I figured it could have been my fault so I tried it on my car and my mom's car, same thing. Doing it by hand resolved this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard of people putting wax on their side and rear windows, but I was always given the impression wax should not be put on the windshield. Looks like I've been misinformed. Time to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezeyhomero View Post
    For the most part I apply wax to my glass using a foam pad. This doesn't mean I've never used my PC 7424 though because I have. If I've been applying wax on the finish I'll give the windshield a once over with it without any issues that I can recall.

Years ago A neighbor of mine saw me waxing my glass and came over to tell me that; "you should never use wax on glass!" When I asked him why he couldn't come up with one reason. I told him I've been doing it for years without any issues at all.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast