autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cobra Indigo vs. Bogo Cobra Arctic White

I just received a pack of both of these towels from AG, and after reading some posts I realized that posters were curious about the difference.

They seem almost identical to the touch and the arctic white's are advertised as 70/30 just like the indigos...however the 12 arctic whites I received today are actually 75/25 while the indigos I received were 70/30 as advertised.

Just wanted to put that out there for those of you who were curious about the difference between the 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cobra Indigo vs. Bogo Cobra Arctic White

I think they're the same. Wash 'em together like I did, then you'll have blue and pale blue
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and seemed quite similar ... I will say the whites ones seem to get dirtier faster !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

That's odd. They're both listed as having the same exact specs on the website and to my knowledge they are the same exact towels with different coloring.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    That's odd. They're both listed as having the same exact specs on the website and to my knowledge they are the same exact towels with different coloring.
    Not trying to defame AG here, I love most of the products (and have the credit card bills to prove it), but the Cobra towels are the achilles heel of the AG online store.

The Cobra towels seem to be so hit and miss from one towel to the next, there are literally hundreds of forum posts here about linting and other issues with them. I was glad that AG started carrying Griot's Garage stuff... I got the wax removal towels last month and they are so great I just ordered the polish removal and speed shine (quick detailing) towels too. I have yet to find a microfiber brand that can send me the same towels EVERY time, but the Griot's are off to a good start.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obssest View Post
    Not trying to defame AG here, I love most of the products (and have the credit card bills to prove it), but the Cobra towels are the achilles heel of the AG online store.

The Cobra towels seem to be so hit and miss from one towel to the next, there are literally hundreds of forum posts here about linting and other issues with them. I was glad that AG started carrying Griot's Garage stuff... I got the wax removal towels last month and they are so great I just ordered the polish removal and speed shine (quick detailing) towels too. I have yet to find a microfiber brand that can send me the same towels EVERY time, but the Griot's are off to a good start.
    GG are the only high end MF towel I have used. They have been very reliable (as are most all of their products). When my wax removal towels got to be about 4 or 5 years old and washed many times they started to lint a little. I bought some new ones recently, but, have not used them yet.

I love their Speed Shine towels and Spray on Carwash towels. Thick and fluffy and soft.

I had planned to try some Cobras just to see if they were any better. I prob still will to evaluate for myself, but, this info is helpful.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nasir View Post
    I just received a pack of both of these towels from AG, and after reading some posts I realized that posters were curious about the difference.

They seem almost identical to the touch and the arctic white's are advertised as 70/30 just like the indigos...however the 12 arctic whites I received today are actually 75/25 while the indigos I received were 70/30 as advertised.

Just wanted to put that out there for those of you who were curious about the difference between the 2.
    I noticed this on mine too. The percentages are different on the tags.
    2004 Pontiac PBM GTO
    11.78 @ 124

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obssest View Post

I LOVE AG and LOVE all their other products. But the cobra towels are how should I say this. Not for me.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought the Indigo's and Artic Whites, I thought that they were the same towel except for color. The website is incorrect as looking at the labels on the towels today, they do indicate that the Indigo towels are 70/30 and the artic white are 75/25.

I have used both for polish removal and both seem to do the job well. Both are soft to touch and the texture removes polish well. Neither scratched the paint during buffing.

I had a linting issue from one of 4 different Cobra towels that I washed together in the machine. I am not sure which towel was the culprit, but hand rewashed towels are fine so it could have been my washing technique.

Be careful, the Indigo towel's blue dye run, so I have several artic white towels that have a blue tinge like an Alaskan glacier. The white towel definately shows any dirt or grime that gets wiped up.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I've been lucky with the Cobra mf towels I've bought. I even grabed some of those Shamrock green towels when they were on BOGO last year and I feel they are the softest towels I've ever owned, and they never left any lint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast