autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie help - how do I know that the "old" has been stripped and reapply order

Hi everyone, I'm a relative newbie to AG for the past 6 months and love the advice given and found so far. Since Spring is approaching, I am planning my 2nd round of semi-annual "deep detailing". the car was new when I first clayed, applied Klasse AIO/SG and Souveran. Now, I want to switch to Wolfgang DGPS, Finishing Glaze and Fuzion wax. Have 2 questions:

1) how do I know that I have "stripped" off the old layers of wax and Klasse? Have been reading that AIOs, Souveran Paint Cleanser (maybe), IPA and even Dawn might work...but what does it look like when the was is mid-way removed and then all the way removed?

2) once everything is off and I wash and clay...will reapplying both the AIO/SG combo along with the DGPS and Finishing Glaze be duplicative? and is it appropriate under the Fuzion (or should I just apply the Fuzion directly to the car for "bonding")?

There are no swirls or watermarks that I see so far...still too nervous to venture into machine polishing. The SUV lives in a garage all year and is infrequently driven on the weekends. My biggest concern is protection again precipitation (and of course shine) when it does go out of the garage.

Many thanks to everyone in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie help - how do I know that the "old" has been stripped and reapply order

Polishing and paint cleansing lotions should remove old waxes and sealants. I dont personally believe Dawn removes all of most sealants, especially strong ones like Klasse. Now Klasse AIO will indeed remove its own sealant but leaves some additional protection under new coat.

I would not personally reuse Klasse system if you want to see the true look and durability of Wolfgang. Either use Fuzion alone (nice and wet) or the sealant alone (nice, glossy), or both together with sealant then wax topper.

Scott