autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for some opinions on...

What wax I should be using on my car. It's an '06 Acura TL Black. I found 2 different waxes on Autogeek.net, and am not sure of the differences between them. I would appreciate any input you all could give me on these, or others if they are better in some way.

They are:

http://www.autogeek.net/p2concarwax.html or http://www.autogeek.net/pisisepawax.html

I'm also unclear on the difference between glazes and waxes. If someone could simplify it for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mrodriques; 10-15-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I should add that I use a PC 7424, and would like to apply wax using it if I could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it feels like FOREVER since I posted in this forum. To much going on. Anyway to answer your question I HIGHLY recommend Pinnicle's LS. This stuff is truley outstanding on black. Once I tried this stuff no other wax will be applied to my car. Which is black by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, read the second link and thought it said "piss wax". Souveran, Natty's Blue, Max Wax, can't go wrong with any of them. IMO Souveran and Natty's Blue are still tops in terms of depth/wettness etc. Glaze can remove some minor swirls and oil the surface to give a wetter appearance, but even when sealed with a wax the glaze properties don't last long, maybe a couple washes if your lucky.

Don't bother using the PC to apply wax, you'll just end up using more then normal and still have to go over by hand on certain areas you missed the PC can't get to. Plus any of the above waxes are so easy to apply and remove just do it by hand and applicator.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Souveran paste was designed for a black car. It was designed to be richer and add more depth. With the Sig Series II you will loose a little depth, but add more reflection from the polymers.

Personally, I dont really get the P21S/S100 wax. Never looked all that great after being spoiled by Pinnacle. Nowhere near as easy to remove. But it has these amazing beeds due to the high beeswax content. Mind you, beeswax does nothing for the finish itself. I would likely pick Nattys Blue over them and save some $$ also.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Souveran here. There's just nothing better on black!

Post Thanks / Like
    Souveran Paste.....you won't regret it. Yes, it's expensive, but one application every month or so, it should last you a couple of years! Putting cost into perspective, that's $3.33 per month for using one of the best waxes available for black vehicles! Go for it!! Souveran is simply incredible on black.....'nuff said. Remember to prep first.....much more important than the wax!