autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bissell Little Green vs Rigid Wet/Dry vac as extractor/steamer?

Not sure what's the difference between those, but I've been seeing some amazing results on carpet/leather interior cleaning! Detailing is a side/weekend job for me and am looking to invest in one of those, but spending $500 to $600 is a little too much for now. Any other recommendations?

I know there's a few other products that Bissell has to offer for cleaning heavily soiled interiors. Like the Bissell Auto Care Proheat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bissell Little Green vs Rigid Wet/Dry vac as extractor/steamer?

The Bissell Little Green Proheat is what I have. I'm very impressed with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no personal experience with the Bissell LGM but from what I've read it is a good machine but lacks suction. I see quite a few people initially use the LGM to do the first stage extraction and follow up with a shop vac to pick up what the LGM cant.

So far there hasnt been one interior I havent been able to tackle with just a shop vac, carpet cleaner, and good old elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used my Bissell LGM with heat up until now, but to be honest it was always lack luster and cannot fullfil the functions of a true vacuum so you will be stuck with having both a Bissell and a dedicated vacuum. I just bought a Shop Vac 12 gallon 5hp vacuum to take over interior duties. Go for the wet/dry vacuum if you need real suction and vacuuming capabilities, but the Bissell will be fine for detailing if it is a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    I have no personal experience with the Bissell LGM but from what I've read it is a good machine but lacks suction. I see quite a few people initially use the LGM to do the first stage extraction and follow up with a shop vac to pick up what the LGM cant.

So far there hasnt been one interior I havent been able to tackle with just a shop vac, carpet cleaner, and good old elbow grease.
    This is the method I use, but elbow grease is still required as the LGM is not going to do all the work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

The white brush attachment for the PC works pretty well for digging the majority of the dirt up.

I spray APC, let it dwell for about 5 minutes, come back with the PC and whtie brush attachment, then follow that up with the LGM Proheat. My carpets have been barely damp afterwards. I guess you could follow it up with a strong Shop Vac, but my stuff seems to dry within 10-15 minutes if that.