autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Detailing withdrawal

It has been a long winter in NYC . I miss my time outside with my cars. I'm sure many of us in the east feel the same. The vehicles I have held up pretty well through the snow and salt . Last October I treated the cars to Wolfgang sealant. A few weeks later I followed with Colinite 845. So far I still see a nice reflection when the salt is washed off. I had to go to the carwash more than I would like to admit. So, I am dreaming of my next detail. I will clay, then use the Pin. swirl remover and polish. This worked well for me last year. Would the XMT finishing glaze be a good last step ? Your replies will help relieve salt covered car frustration.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing withdrawal

Dude..I feel your pain. Not only am I dealing with the usual Winter w/d issues, I had my knee replaced 2 weeks ago. I didn't even drive until 2 days ago as I was on percocets. I have clients who want their cars done early in the spring and I'm not sure how long my recovery will be. To make matters worse, I've taken advantage of all these great sales lately and have stocked up on supplies...really makes you want to play when the boxes arrive! I feel your pain, man, I feel your pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Too many of us are in the same boat! Winters in New England are long and cold and it seems as if the warm weather will never get here. Some are fortunate enough to have heated garages so that takes some of the pain out of it but not me.

To fuel my desire I only sit here and order more supplies, like I did last night. I swear to you I've spent over $600 since Christmas and I'm actually wondering what else I need.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I live in in NJ, so I understand where you are comming from. If you really need to get outside with your cars, you can do an ONR wash with warm water. I have done onr washes in my driveway at 29*F. It will give you a good feeling getting your car clean when everyone else is covered in salt and grime. If your car is really ddirty, pre-soak each panel with ONR at QD strength and make sure to use more ONR/water solution then normal.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Detailing withdrawal

I have not taken the onr plunge yet. However, it is 32 degrees at 10:54. I will make an attempt today. So what if it snows tomorrow. To my detailing friends, hang in there. Warm weather is just around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Same in Wisconsin, which is why I use ONR with hot water in the garage.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To Richy, I hope your knee feels better soon and the pain becomes a memory quickly. Stay positive, good things will happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 44annex View Post
    To Richy, I hope your knee feels better soon and the pain becomes a memory quickly. Stay positive, good things will happen
    Thanks very much! I had a scope surgery last year and it didn't help it. This is my last resort. I'm only 45 so I'm praying I'll be back to doing things I haven't been able to do for a decade or so. It;s getting better every day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks very much! I had a scope surgery last year and it didn't help it. This is my last resort. I'm only 45 so I'm praying I'll be back to doing things I haven't been able to do for a decade or so. It;s getting better every day.
    hang in there.. my self latly has been suffering from bad back pains. its from landscaping for the past 18 years. it finally has cought up to me. im only 36. it sucks .
    the only thing my orthopedic said i can do for my bulging disks is pain meds. or injections in my spine...i think there epadural injections.. not sure what to do ..it sucks ...

tom
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    hang in there.. my self latly has been suffering from bad back pains. its from landscaping for the past 18 years. it finally has cought up to me. im only 36. it sucks .
    the only thing my orthopedic said i can do for my bulging disks is pain meds. or injections in my spine...i think there epadural injections.. not sure what to do ..it sucks ...

tom
    Tom..I'm sorry to hear that about your back. Make sure you explore the naturalpathic choices as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast