autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna sealing wax and finishing glaze : Can you jewel paint with these ?

I ask this question because both of these products have a cut of .5 and a gloss rating of 5 . If there is a small cutting ability with these two products and a high gloss rating , then you should be able to jewel paint .
    Comments please .
    Thank You

Mike Phillips

Re: Menzerna sealing wax and finishing glaze : Can you jewel paint with these ?

If you're definition of jeweling is to polish to a high gloss without leaving any swirls behind then the answer is yes but because the sealing wax and the glaze are both going to fill to some level you would never know if you left a 100% swirl free finish unless you stripped the finish and inspected in bright light. This assumes you're talking about jeweling with a rotary buffer and a soft foam finishing pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it would be with a Makita Rotery buffer . What rpm would you suggest with these two glorious products ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkus View Post
    Yes it would be with a Makita Rotery buffer . What rpm would you suggest with these two glorious products ?
    Per AGO ........

Sealing Wax APO 60:
    Menzerna Sealing Wax APO 60, menzerna apo 60, Menzerna wax

Finishing Glaze PO 115C:
    Menzerna Finishing Glaze PO 115C 32 oz.

Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by arkus View Post
    Yes it would be with a Makita Rotary buffer . What rpm would you suggest with these two glorious products ?
    Maybe first define your definition of jeweling with a rotary buffer?

It looks like you post under the name zoraduntov on TID? For some reason I always like it when everyone uses the same name on different forums, it cuts down on confusion. Todd has his definition of Jeweling and he says it's different than Scott's definition in this thread,

M205 and Jewelling/ Burnishing? - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

I'm guessing Scott is killrwheels over here on Autogeek in the above thread on MOL.

Words mean things and there's different opinions on exactly what the word jeweling means.

What are you working on?
    What are you trying to accomplish?

Maybe it's time for someone to write out a specific definition?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd skip their glaze honestly. Love the polishes, but Meghan sent me a sample of the glaze, and it was super oily by most comparisons. After a couple days under the wax it started turning splotchy, and you could feel the oils in it if you ran your finger over it.

I applied by machine and hand, and wiped with my nice Supreme 530's, still did this.

PB's black hole works much better.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the term jeweling for some time, as a process of final-final polishing in order to try and bring the gloss and reflection up to the next level.

For instance, after polishing with an aggressive polish you often move to a lower polish and lighter finishing pad. This often removes micromarring and leaves a darn nice finish. In my personal use of the term jeweling, I then move to the lightest of polishes and a true finishing pad (think Menzerna 085rd with red pad) as possible and without pressure really try to enhance the look. When done properly the paint looks glossy, reflective, and really mirror like especially on blacks.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I then move to the lightest of polishes and a true finishing pad (think Menzerna 085rd with red pad) as possible and without pressure really try to enhance the look. When done properly the paint looks glossy, reflective, and really mirror like especially on blacks.
    With a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    With a rotary?
    Yes.

I have seen people work P085RD with a DA, but I don't think you are going to get the same effect with a DA as you would with a rotary. Again, I don't think you will. I haven't tested it myself. Just going from what I've seen on here.

I would like to think a 3401 is capable of jeweling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    With a rotary?
    It would depend what I started with, I dont often switch machines just pads and polishes. I do feel personally, that I have been able to j*ewel (additional gloss, reflection) even with my Flex 3401.

While a DA might not be able to jewel in the same fashion as a rotary, I do think it can add value to what I personally perceive as jeweling. Maybe we should simply call it a 3 step polish, but last step is not really correcting anything.

*I started using the term after watching a jeweler final polish (gem, jewel) my wifes diamond wedding rings. It was amazing what the softest wheel and lightest polish did to amp up gloss and reflection when "I" thought the ring was already done and looked brilliant with no markings or correction needed.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast