autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Max Wax or Liquid Souveran?

OK, was going to get Max Wax, but then I happened to notice Liquid Souveran and saw that it was on BOGO. First off, does anybody know when it goes off BOGO? I'm probably going to place my order next week. Second, which one would you recommend for those who have used 'em? How does the durability of Liquid Souveran compare to Max Wax? I assume the durability of Liquid Souveran is better than the paste version. Can you compare them as far as gloss, slickness, beading, that sort of thing? Not trying to start a wax war, just want a little help making my decision. By the way, the wax I buy would most likely be used on a light colored car. Pics of the cars it would most likely be used on:

and this one. This last pic is not mine, as I don't have a picture of our 2001 beige Accord yet. I found this pic on the internet, but our car looks exactly like this one.

I'm also going to pick up Signature Series II. Any suggestions as to which wax I should use on which color?
    Last edited by Shane731; 02-10-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Max Wax or Liquid Souveran?

If it's still on BOGO then LS will be the better buy. If it's buying individual I would get MW. Both will look good on light colors but MW will edge out LS in durability. I've seen 5 weeks with it and a guy in Ga see's 6 weeks out of it. Depending on car soap and environment of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I guess I forgot to mention. The first two cars are daily drivers. The last two are garage queens and don't get driven that often. So durability is a primary concern for the daily drivers, not so much for the garage queens.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Both are great products and will work well for your applications...If you can get the LS on the BOGO I would go for it!!! However BOGO should change tomorrow. Typically BOGOs change every other Friday..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Oh, I guess I forgot to mention. The first two cars are daily drivers. The last two are garage queens and don't get driven that often. So durability is a primary concern for the daily drivers, not so much for the garage queens.
    If you are looking for durability, have you considered a sealant? Or possibly a collinite wax (like 845) for your dd's ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trichard View Post
    If you are looking for durability, have you considered a sealant? Or possibly a collinite wax (like 845) for your dd's ?
    I have M16 right now on one of the daily drivers, and Collinite 845 on the other one. For me, durability tends to be more of a primary concern during the winter, but I like to wax more often during the summer. By more often, I mean like 4-6 weeks in between fresh applications.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Liquid Souveran is actually quite durable. The older version had about the same durability as something like Max Wax, but the new Polycharged version boasts a huge increase in durability. I'm talking 1-2 months for the old version (expect this from Max Wax, but better overall looks IMO), compared to 3-4 months for the new one.

Of course I'd use both, but if I had to choose one on a daily driver where durability is a concern, I'd go with Liquid Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    I'm talking 1-2 months for the old version (expect this from Max Wax, but better overall looks IMO), compared to 3-4 months for the new one.
    Better overall looks from Liquid Souveran or Max Wax?
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

It's subjective, really. Liquid Souveran does give a very wet shine with a good bit of pop, and is a bit slicker, but I just love carnauba paste wax, so I like the warm look of Max Wax better.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, those are all light colored cars anyways, so I'd go with Liquid Souveran for that extra pop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast