autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Complaints and not so happy customer?

Hey guys just wondering how do you deal with your clients who thinks your 3 days worth of work on detailing was JUST OK.

These are my scenarios:

Client 1 (Porsche Cayenne):

Full detail int/ext. Vehicle has never been detailed for 5 years. Trunk was messier than my room. Detailed the car in perfect condition, cleaned and condition the interior and even gave him a "room service" for his trunk - like folded his cloths, put everything in a little box. He really liked the exterior work I did, but thought the interior looked the same when he first dropped it off I spent a good 2 hours on his interior.

Client 2 (BMW 135i):

Did a full exterior detail for this client because he wanted it in good condition before putting on the clear bra. After the detail, he spot checks the whole car and found some minor swirls and scratches which I kinda missed polishing. Also added that I put on too much tire dressing and slinged all over the fenders.

Other than that, my other 24 clients leaves with a smile.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complaints and not so happy customer?

Here's a thread I started for the same thing. THere are some good comments and it's got great advice.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-customer.html
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Up your game and apologize. Offer to fix it, free of charge obviously, and just up your game the next time.

IMO, 2 hours isn't long enough to do a FULL interior detail.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't please everybody.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

You learn from your mistakes. Make good to your customers and fix what they complained about. Taking this little extra time without argueing with them will go along way for you. Make sure next time you go over the car before giving the car back to your customer so you do not run into this problem again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    You learn from your mistakes. Make good to your customers and fix what they complained about. Taking this little extra time without argueing with them will go along way for you. Make sure next time you go over the car before giving the car back to your customer so you do not run into this problem again.
    Or better yet, have somebody else (like a friend or family member) go over it. Sometimes that more objective eye can pick out more than your subjective eye can.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Or better yet, have somebody else (like a friend or family member) go over it. Sometimes that more objective eye can pick out more than your subjective eye can.
    I agree and disagree. If you are DETAILING, then you should have that eye for the details.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fact that the Porsche owner found things that may have been missed with polishing kinda gave him some ammunition to demean your work etc. Just a thought .......

The one thing I do with each & every car I detail is take before & after pictures of every angle, inside & out, of whatever vehicle I'm working on. I'll always ask the owner if there are any trouble spots that he/she would like me to pay close(r) attention to as well. This helps the customer to feel that they're leaving their ride in capable hands (which they are!) and they may not be so quick to judge upon retrieving the vehicle.

Be sure you are absolutely positive your work is finished & don't leave yourself open for ridicule.

My .02
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    I agree and disagree. If you are DETAILING, then you should have that eye for the details.
    True, but a second set of eyes sure as heck can't hurt.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anson89 View Post
    Hey guys just wondering how do you deal with your clients who thinks your 3 days worth of work on detailing was JUST OK.

These are my scenarios:

Client 1 (Porsche Cayenne):

Full detail int/ext. Vehicle has never been detailed for 5 years. Trunk was messier than my room. Detailed the car in perfect condition, cleaned and condition the interior and even gave him a "room service" for his trunk - like folded his cloths, put everything in a little box. He really liked the exterior work I did, but thought the interior looked the same when he first dropped it off I spent a good 2 hours on his interior.

Client 2 (BMW 135i):

Did a full exterior detail for this client because he wanted it in good condition before putting on the clear bra. After the detail, he spot checks the whole car and found some minor swirls and scratches which I kinda missed polishing. Also added that I put on too much tire dressing and slinged all over the fenders.

Other than that, my other 24 clients leaves with a smile.
    Client 1 is probably a lost cause. If his interior was that great when he dropped it of, why was he having you clean it?

Client 2 could be a learning experience. By your own adnission, you evidently did miss some swirls and scratches during the polishing. Apologize and correct the problem.
    Did the tire dressing sling on the fenders? If it did, apologize and clean everything up.
    Learn from your mistakes and don't let it happen again.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast