autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have an ABSORBER drying towel?

I use the two bucket with grit guard wash method, I pre- rinse, pre-soak, and on a large vehicle I will use the california water blade to sheet off water then dry the entire vehicle with an Absorber.

This has always been a favorite of mine and I've always been impressed with it. I make sure it is clean before and after and use proper storing methods yada yada yada. So my question is do any others use this product? Whats your take on it. Ive never had a problem with is.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone have an ABSORBER drying towel?

I use one at work and I don't have to many complaints except for maybe the constant ringing out. I prefer the guzzler on my own personal vehicle though.
    HEMI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whitemopar View Post
    I use one at work and I don't have to many complaints except for maybe the constant ringing out. I prefer the guzzler on my own personal vehicle though.
    Ive used waffle weave cloths and some chamois (sp) but they dont hold as much water as the absorber and I still have to ring out.

Whats the guzzler?
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Used them for years with no problem, but I now use MF towels.
    I don't wring the MF out, I just switch to a dry towel.

I did have to wring the Absorber out occasionally.

As I said, I never had any problems, but a lot of people have concerns about getting some dirt or grit in the Absorber and since it has no nap to trap it, they feel there is more of a chance for marring.
    Many people have the same concern about using the water blade. Never used one.

Anyway, given all the chances for damage I can't avoid, I decided to avoid the chance they could be right about the Absorber.

FWIW, the Absorber was really great for removing condensation/dew from the boat interior when left uncovered at night.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Post Thanks / Like

I quit using those when I tried a 6 sqft MF for drying. Now that's all I use. I have a waffle weave towel that I just bought from Advance Auto and that thing sucks! Not worth the $9 I paid for it. I want to try a Guzzler towel next.

Mike Phillips

I know the owner of the Absorber company, actually use to do some work for him promoting the Absorber at large car shows like The World of Wheels and the Portland and Seattle Roadster shows.

Before I worked for Bill Stuart I kept one in my Sanger Drag Boat to sponge out water that got into the boat as I never used the J-Drains, just the Absorber.

We sell something like it here at Autogeek called the Water Sprite.

The Water Sprite on Autogeek.net

Had the boat for 20 years, I think I had the Absorber in it for 17 years...

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Absorber in conjunction with a water blade. Works for me, as long as neither one is dirty I don't have a problem.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post

I did have to wring the Absorber out occasionally.

As I said, I never had any problems, but a lot of people have concerns about getting some dirt or grit in the Absorber and since it has no nap to trap it, they feel there is more of a chance for marring.
    Many people have the same concern about using the water blade. Never used one.

Anyway, given all the chances for damage I can't avoid, I decided to avoid the chance they could be right about the Absorber.

FWIW, the Absorber was really great for removing condensation/dew from the boat interior when left uncovered at night.
    This is just personal opinion but I think people get a little too carried away with the "possibility of marring.' I'm surprised people even take their cars to work for all the fine dust that blasts against the paint on the drive over.

For example: No rinse car washes. You are spraying something in a vehicle with dirt and then DRYING it off essentially rubbing wet dirt particles around on the paint.

If you wash your vehicle very well and use a two bucket method, start top to bottom and have dedicated wash mits or brushes for the wheels and lower panels of the car you are not going to be left with a WHOLE lot of dirt to mar the paint with anyway. And as long as you dont drop the absorber on the ground or any other drying towel for that matter you arent going to be doing anything damaging to your paint. Yeah give it a good rinse in clean water every 1/4 of the car to be safe. I do.

As far as the water blade goes, I wipe the blade each pass to remove anything that it picked up.

I don't know. Theres definitely a lot to be said about minimizing swirls and scratches during a wash, but people get down right ridiculous with their claims. The most precious tool during any wash is common sense.

But I was just wondering if anyone has used any other drying method that worked for them.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KRIS R View Post
    This is just personal opinion but I think people get a little too carried away with the "possibility of marring.' I'm surprised people even take their cars to work for all the fine dust that blasts against the paint on the drive over.

For example: No rinse car washes. You are spraying something in a vehicle with dirt and then DRYING it off essentially rubbing wet dirt particles around on the paint.

If you wash your vehicle very well and use a two bucket method, start top to bottom and have dedicated wash mits or brushes for the wheels and lower panels of the car you are not going to be left with a WHOLE lot of dirt to mar the paint with anyway. And as long as you dont drop the absorber on the ground or any other drying towel for that matter you arent going to be doing anything damaging to your paint. Yeah give it a good rinse in clean water every 1/4 of the car to be safe. I do.

As far as the water blade goes, I wipe the blade each pass to remove anything that it picked up.

I don't know. Theres definitely a lot to be said about minimizing swirls and scratches during a wash, but people get down right ridiculous with their claims. The most precious tool during any wash is common sense.

But I was just wondering if anyone has used any other drying method that worked for them.
    That's kind of what I tried to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    I remember someone saying, "Find something you like and use it often".
    As long as you are happy with it, there's no reason to change.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast