autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DG 105 the most durable *sealant*?

I'm not concerned with waxes, just polymer sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG 105 the most durable *sealant*?

I think some might also suggest Klasse Twins, Zaino, FinishKare, Optimums Optiseal and Ultima too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Do some sealants look better on light metallics than others?

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you polish the paint w/ something like m105/205, or clean it with something like Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion first, is it acceptable to use just Klasse high gloss sealant w/o using the Klasse AIO? Also what about using just the high gloss sealant on glass, plastic, or metal? any thoughts? (sorry to thread jack) but really curious.

Post Thanks / Like

105 is great but Collinite's 845 lasted a little longer for me.

Prep makes all the difference though in and LSP's longevity.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trichard View Post
    As long as you polish the paint w/ something like m105/205, or clean it with something like Pinnacle paint cleansing lotion first, is it acceptable to use just Klasse high gloss sealant w/o using the Klasse AIO? Also what about using just the high gloss sealant on glass, plastic, or metal? any thoughts? (sorry to thread jack) but really curious.
    This will certainly work and likely well, I prefer personally to use the two Klasse products together however as they "seem" to link for a great durable basis. I cannot however suggest they include a bonding agent or something special in AIO that does this. Duragloss and Zaino both offer these products that bond/cure and are said to help with length of protection.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trichard View Post

If you get the Klasse SG make sure you know how to apply it..... WOWO (literally)
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I'm not concerned with waxes, just polymer sealants.
    If you'll be applying a new coat each month or so then use any sealant they all last at least that long. But if you want a sealant you can apply and let go for months without even topping it with another coat or a QD/spray wax then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection,
    Chemical Guys: M-Seal, Jetseal 109, Speed Amor , Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze, Hi Temp Paste, Zaino AIO, Z2 and Z5 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant were all tested and found to last at least 6 months in a big sealant test. Of course it really depends on your environment and how you treat your paint, but I used a finalist wax from the wax test the same guy did and it has lasted all winter so far. I personally want to try WDGS because it won't stain trim and I'm getting tired of my NXT 2.0 leaving the hard to get off stains on my car. It's kind of hard to find a wax/sealant that won't stain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    If you'll be applying a new coat each month or so then use any sealant they all last at least that long. But if you want a sealant you can apply and let go for months without even topping it with another coat or a QD/spray wax then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection,
    Chemical Guys: M-Seal, Jetseal 109, Speed Amor , Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze, Hi Temp Paste, Zaino AIO, Z2 and Z5 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant were all tested and found to last at least 6 months in a big sealant test. Of course it really depends on your environment and how you treat your paint, but I used a finalist wax from the wax test the same guy did and it has lasted all winter so far. I personally want to try WDGS because it won't stain trim and I'm getting tired of my NXT 2.0 leaving the hard to get off stains on my car. It's kind of hard to find a wax/sealant that won't stain.
    If you are looking a sealant that is GREAT on trim and glass or plastic, get Ultima Paint Guard Protection Plus (UPGP). It is a great Wipe On Walk Away (WOWA). Dries clear and shiny. IME!