autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Need amazing looking LSP for race bike that can withstand 248 Fahrenheit during rides

Hi, I am looking for the best appearing (not longest lasing ) wax or sealant for my 2007 Ducati 1098 motorcycle. I know the best appearing LSP is subjective but i have some specifics that will narrow down the field a bit:

The paint is still in perfect condition (not easy in Canada!).

The paint will be polished and glazed.

The paint is a flat red with clear coat. Not metallic or pearl.

Ease of application/removal does not matter but i will not complain if it is easy.

I will apply a carnauba topper over a sealant if this gives the protection and look desired - I just need product recommendations.

The bike will have the (one) final LSP applied every 3-4 weeks. Durability is needed in the form of heat resistance.

I will use a quick detailer / instant detailer about once a week on this daily driver, typically after a properly executed wash.

I do like a wet looking finish... I assumed an excellent caranuba would be best but I am unsure if a caranuba wax can survive the temperature extremes my paint is subjected to for 3-4 weeks before re-application of caranuba.

The LSP must tolerate continuous temperatures of 248 Fahrenheit / 120 Celsius for hours at a time without melting (fracturing/evaporating). I have read the following fracture/evaporating temperatures are as follows: polymers 350F, carnauba-polymer blend 200F and carnauba 183F. From : http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f8/carnauba-brasil-wax-7886.html

This daily driver is used when the roads are free of snow/ice does 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds - before my modifications, and produces insane amounts of heat from the exhaust and engine. I have installed exhaust heat reflecting material under the rider and passenger seat as the seat is about 4 inches from the exhaust. When passengers ride without full length pants they receive minor skin burns from the radiant heat from the exhaust. The painted surfaces of the bike are closer to the exhaust than the passenger's legs and there is no insulation between the engine and the painted plastics surrounding it... I am looking for a LSP that can handle hours of exposure to temperatures of 248F / 120C for hours at a time without fracturing/evaporating.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need amazing looking LSP for race bike that can withstand 248 Fahrenheit during rides

The only thing that comes to my mind is something like Poorboy's world wheel sealant. It is designed to withstand the heat that disc brakes produce to the wheels. I have painted wheels that are polished and the wheel sealant does give a wet look to them. Just my thoughts, not necessarily an oppinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need amazing looking LSP for race bike that can withstand 248 Fahrenheit during rides

Welcome! Picture please?
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

sealants can handle heat better, so Duragloss, Wolfgang, or Four Star would be my personal choice.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 will be the best looking sealant you'll find that can hold up to high temperatures.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

What about Finish Kare 1000p Hi-Temp Paste Wax? It boasts of withstanding higher temperatures than any other wax or sealant. It certainly enjoys a reputation of durability.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Welcome! Picture please?

Thanks for all the info, keep it coming!
    I have not posted a pic before so here it goes. Taken with cheap old Sony point and shoot, no image correction of any type. Note over a foot of snow in the background. The bike had not been washed, dusted or anything for 2.5 months, it was pulled out of the corner to clean the chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need amazing looking LSP for race bike that can withstand 248 Fahrenheit during rides-dsc01579v2-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 will be the best looking sealant you'll find that can hold up to high temperatures.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Would Wolfgang Fuzion be any better for the looks due to it's caranuba content? would that also make it less heat resistant? i'm not going for durability here - Would wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant topped with Pinnacle Souveran be any better in any respect? Does wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant offer similar heat resistance as finish kare 1000P?

Post Thanks / Like

What about Collinite Insulator wax 845?

I know that's supposed to handle high temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 sec View Post
    Would Wolfgang Fuzion be any better for the looks due to it's caranuba content? would that also make it less heat resistant? i'm not going for durability here - Would wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant topped with Pinnacle Souveran be any better in any respect? Does wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant offer similar heat resistance as finish kare 1000P?
    I wouldn't recommend Souveran in a high heat application. Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will hold up better to heat alone, but Fuzion still has VERY impressive durability and is definitely one of the nicest looking waxes I've used. In fact, I can't remember the last time I used something else on my car since I got Fuzion.

The 3oz sample jars are great for anyone who wants to try it, and will still yield around 15 applications on an average sized car. On your bike, you'd be set for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast