autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

#80 & #83 to PB SSR1 & SSR2?

Hi Everyone,
    Could anyone here give me the difference between Meguiars 80/83 and PBssr1/PBssr2. How due they compare to each other? Is one stronger then the other or do they both do the same job? Just a different product? Also is there much difference between Meguiars 26 and PB-EX or EX-P? I know lot's of questions and the reason I ask is that my cousin has the PB and I have the Meguiars and he would let me use the PB but I wanted to ask first if this is any difference.No sense wasting my time with the PB if they are the same.
    Thank you for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.c
    Hi Everyone,
    Could anyone here give me the difference between Meguiars 80/83 and PBssr1/PBssr2. How due they compare to each other? Is one stronger then the other or do they both do the same job? Just a different product? Also is there much difference between Meguiars 26 and PB-EX or EX-P? I know lot's of questions and the reason I ask is that my cousin has the PB and I have the Meguiars and he would let me use the PB but I wanted to ask first if this is any difference.No sense wasting my time with the PB if they are the same.
    Thank you for your time.
    Have not used Megs 80 or SSR1/SSR2. I have used Megs 83, SSR3, XMT3. I would say that SSR3 has more cut then Megs 83 with less dust. XMT3 has a little less cut then Megs 83. Maybe someone will chime in that has used all the products you posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.c
    Hi Everyone,
    Thank you for your time.
    if i remember correctly Megs Speed Glaze on par with PB SSR 2 and Megs DACP on par with PB SSR 2.5

Megs 26 High tech wax - is a carnuba base, some say its durable but i think any carnuba will not out last a sealant-carnuba are know to have a nice glow

PB Ex-part carnuba, part sealant(best of both worlds)

PB Ex-P is a pure sealant(durable)

if you can get it(PB) without purchasing it worth a try(since your realtive has it)....the thing about poorboys is people like is easy on easy off and sun freindly at least that what it says on the bottle cant comment cause i havent tried in direct sun light....maybe try this combination on your LSP -

combo 1-PB EX-P x2 with Megs 26(or Natty)
    combo 2-PB EX x2

of course there are tons of combo it up to you
    Hope this help somewhat!!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used all four of them in the past month or so, and my take is pretty much the same as Djmigs, but in my experience, I would say that 83 has slightly more cut than SSR2.5 and 80 is roughly equivalent to SSR1.

Personally I liked the 83 better better because it dusted A LOT less (for me) than the 2.5. I liked the SSR1 a bit better than the 80 though. Hard to describe actually why, but the finish just seemed deeper with it. Megs products didn't seem to like the sun, where the Poorboy's products were fine.

Don't have any experience with any of the sealants/waxes you mention, but I have used Megs #21 sealant and like it a lot. It's a lot less finicky than SG and looks every bit as nice, if not better IMO. Durability should be much better than #26 also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to use DACP and it was my go-to polish. I started using the Poorboys group (2.5/1) and found less dust but still more than liked. XMT (3/1) have less dust and easy to use also.

Scott