autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swirl marks

Post Thanks / Like

Swirl marks

I have a red 1998 Acura integra. The paint has no rock chip's or rust on it, but does suffer from minor clear coat scratches and spider webbing. I have worked at a professional detailing shop for almost a year (part time) and have never had problems with their polishes or my work after has been completed. I finally decided to polish my own car after perfecting polishing. I started with a wool pad and 3M rubbing compound and moved down to a medium-light pad with a 3M light polish then moved to a glazzing pad and glazed it with 3M machine glaze...The resultes were astonishing and i was very impressed, untill i washed it a week later (with all proper washing techiques) and when i looked at it in the sun there was still enough spider webbing to notice. What can i do to prevent this and how can i keep my paint in near perfect shape?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm
    I have a red 1998 Acura integra. The paint has no rock chip's or rust on it, but does suffer from minor clear coat scratches and spider webbing. I have worked at a professional detailing shop for almost a year (part time) and have never had problems with their polishes or my work after has been completed. I finally decided to polish my own car after perfecting polishing. I started with a wool pad and 3M rubbing compound and moved down to a medium-light pad with a 3M light polish then moved to a glazzing pad and glazed it with 3M machine glaze...The resultes were astonishing and i was very impressed, untill i washed it a week later (with all proper washing techiques) and when i looked at it in the sun there was still enough spider webbing to notice. What can i do to prevent this and how can i keep my paint in near perfect shape?
    Welcome to AG, As far as professional detailer, I'm not one, hope one day to grow up and be one! If you are using the proper washing techiques, IMO you will get some spider webbing. I know you said that your car is red, just be glad its not black. Maybe someone will chime in and heip you out. Just keep checking back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea be glad it's not black!!!!!!!!!!! I swear If I go over 60 the dust in the air scratches it and If I take a turn it gets cob webs...........really!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraOverload
    Yea be glad it's not black!!!!!!!!!!! I swear If I go over 60 the dust in the air scratches it and If I take a turn it gets cob webs...........really!!!!!!!!

Black is tough...........wonder what next??? red??

Post Thanks / Like
    Dark Blue..... (looks black in certain lighting...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dark green is a problem also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Killerwheels says that he washes his black C6 twice a week and he had no swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    I believe Killerwheels says that he washes his black C6 twice a week and he had no swirls.
    This may be true but not everyone can have killers mad skills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraOverload
    Man, and I just bought a black car.

I knew full well what I was getting into. I just hope my detailing obsession doesn't get even more out of control now that I have a black car...who am I kidding? It will.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenrd
    Man, and I just bought a black car.

I knew full well what I was getting into. I just hope my detailing obsession doesn't get even more out of control now that I have a black car...who am I kidding? It will.
    yes, it will.

I had a black 02 corolla S and it was madness....I used regular otc products then. Now I'm into different stuff and better techniques now that I talk to you guys and read these boards. I purchased an 06 Acura RSX typeS in Feb. this year.......BLACK also. Even though its a pain I still could not resist staying with black.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast