autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1 step polishes. which do you like the best?

Im looking for a really good all in one. I have been looking into Klasse and the new XMT product. I wanted to hear what everyones thoughts were.
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1 step polishes. which do you like the best?

I really like the way Poorboy's Polish w/ Sealant finishes. It leaves a smooth, glossy, and clean finish. It also smells good!

Edit: Claying is mandatory before using PB PwS.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

I like XMT360. I find Klasse AIO to be more like a sealant and filler as where the XMT360 really does correct the paint and seals it as well. I got a little sample of XMT360 from AG and the next day I bought a big 64oz bottle because I loved it so much.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    I like XMT360. I find Klasse AIO to be more like a sealant and filler as where the XMT360 really does correct the paint and seals it as well. I got a little sample of XMT360 from AG and the next day I bought a big 64oz bottle because I loved it so much.
    My feelings exactly. I was quite surprised how much XMT 360 can correct.

Klasse AIO is a great product though. I use it on wheels/jambs/glass all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

XMT does a fantastic job, very happy with it. I haven't used Klasse, so I can't comment on that.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Poorboys Polish w/Sealant. The Optimum Poly-Seal is real good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Megs D-151 a lot. I also use some other AIO from the Z line. But I really like D-151 for a true one step

Mike Phillips

Just to interject a comment...

While there's no laws or regulations on which words we all use to describe products, the title of this thread refers to a polish but actually what the OP, (Original Poster), is asking about is a 1-Step Cleaner/Wax or a 1-Step Cleaner/Sealant.

Been working on an article about this here,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-hybrids.html

2- basic groups of car wax
    Let me see if I can remove just a little bit of the confusion… There are two basic groups most car waxes and paint sealants fall into, these would be,

• Cleaner/waxes or Cleaner/Sealants
    • Finishing waxes or Finishing Sealants

A cleaner/wax or cleaning/sealant would offer some level of cleaning ability using either chemical cleaning agents, solvents and/or some type of abrasives and often times a combination of all three. Cleaner/Waxes are also referred to as One-Step products or All-In-One products. Cleaner/waxes can be used to restore neglected paint to good to excellent condition depending upon how bad of condition the paint is in and the cleaning ability or strength of the cleaning agents in the cleaner/wax.

A finishing wax or finishing sealant would not contain any ingredients with the intended ability to clean or abrade the paint. Products in this category should only be used on paint in excellent or brand new condition or neglected paints that have been previously cleaned and polished and thus restored to new or excellent condition.

Besides dividing products into two groups by whether they have the ability to clean the paint or not, paint protection products are also divided into two other groups or categories and that's car waxes or paint sealants.

Car Wax
    Contains some kind of naturally occurring waxy type substance, for example Carnauba wax.

Paint Sealant
    Made from synthetic or all man-made ingredients.

So from the above, we can have,

Cleaner/Waxes
    A product that cleans, polishes and protects and contains natural protection ingredients like Carnauba

Cleaner/Sealants
    A product that cleans, polishes and protects and uses all synthetic protection ingredients

Finishing Waxes
    A product that offers no cleaning ability with the focus on maximizing beauty with the protection based upon naturally occurring ingredients.

Finishing Sealants
    A product that offers no cleaning ability with the focus on maximizing beauty with the protection based upon synthetic ingredients.

And one more group which would be a hybrid product which contains a combination of both natural and synthetic ingredients.

If we use the loose definition above for car waxes and paint sealants, (For the wax group the primary protection ingredients are naturally occurring waxy substances and for the sealant group the primary protection ingredients are man-made or synthetic substances), then since hybrid products use a combination of both it would seem normal to call them and place them in their own category with both words, wax/sealant used to describe the category.

The term polish usually refers to a product used to remove defects before applying a wax or paint sealant or a product used to glaze paint to maximize gloss and clarity.

That said, plenty of car wax manufactures use the word polish on the label of product that do in fact seal the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Poli-Seal all the way.

Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the post mike. Yea, to clear things up, I was looking for something that would correct slightly while also sealing the paint just to cut out steps in my detail. seems like its a toss up between XMT, Poorboys and Optimum. I have used Poorboys from the beginning but I have only used there swirl removers, polishes, sealants and wax. I havent used a product yet that can do more than one thing at one time.
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast