autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: start 2 finish...one line

Quote Originally Posted by nittyv12 View Post
    no doubt...i feel whatchu guys r sayin. just tryin to narrow down my trial and error period while maintaining quality and watching cost
    If you are trying to do this, then DP comes to mind for the entire cleaning portion of your detailing. I have tried Megs, P21S, Mothers, .....and I have never seen a line of products that manages to do both: be a big bang for the buck and do what they say they do so well. So, shampoo, RWG, total exterior and total interior cleaners, Krystal vision and so on should be on your list IMO. For little $ you will get big bottles of effective products.
    Now, for the polishing, it seems to be more like religion, but in the end, it seems everyone's car looks good any which way . I was facing the same question you do and went with 1Z. Everyone seems to think 1Z is 99% as good as Menz or WG for half the price. and they are on BOGO right now.
    Just my $0.02 worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    If you are trying to do this, then DP comes to mind for the entire cleaning portion of your detailing. I have tried Megs, P21S, Mothers, .....and I have never seen a line of products that manages to do both: be a big bang for the buck and do what they say they do so well. So, shampoo, RWG, total exterior and total interior cleaners, Krystal vision and so on should be on your list IMO. For little $ you will get big bottles of effective products.
    Now, for the polishing, it seems to be more like religion, but in the end, it seems everyone's car looks good any which way . I was facing the same question you do and went with 1Z. Everyone seems to think 1Z is 99% as good as Menz or WG for half the price. and they are on BOGO right now.
    Just my $0.02 worth.
    If 1Z is 99% as good as Menz why is it on BOGO? If it was selling they wouldn't be giving it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If 1Z is 99% as good as Menz why is it on BOGO? If it was selling they wouldn't be giving it away.
    Good question. Maybe it does not sell because their pro-line is recent, or maybe the product is not known enough?

Post Thanks / Like

The Proline polishes dont get much air time. Heck the entire 1z line doesnt get much recognition aside from cockpit premium. People who use them like them. Some like them more than Menz because they arent as finicky about its environment. If there was a sudden hype on 1Z polishes then I bet everybody would rave that its the next best thing.

Take Victorias concours for example. Its a great cheap wax that not much people know about. Many agree that its on the same playing field as the higher end waxes but it doesnt get much air time either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    The Proline polishes dont get much air time. Heck the entire 1z line doesnt get much recognition aside from cockpit premium. People who use them like them. Some like them more than Menz because they arent as finicky about its environment. If there was a sudden hype on 1Z polishes then I bet everybody would rave that its the next best thing.

Take Victorias concours for example. Its a great cheap wax that not much people know about. Many agree that its on the same playing field as the higher end waxes but it doesnt get much air time either.
    What you are saying holds some truth. Victoria's waxes are good. Now I will have to try 1Z polishes to see if it's as good or better than Menz.

Post Thanks / Like

tex, lasthope, rsurfer.....thanx,dats the exact dialogue i was looking for

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nittyv12 View Post
    tex, lasthope, rsurfer.....thanx,dats the exact dialogue i was looking for
    Excellent. Even though I am only a hobbyist and not a pro detailer, I clean/detail enough cars for our household, the family and friends that I have to really watch the bottom line. What I found in DP is an incredible value. I will be trying the 1Z polishes in the next 1-2 weeks and will provide reviews/feedback on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12