autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Care Package ---- Thanks Jason (Edge, Air Genie)

Well I got a care package this week from Jason, and I was stoked to say the least. I got that new Air Genie Fogger and an Edge Adapter and various Edge pads including contours and the standard two sides.

Air Fogger --
    I noticed that our new Caddy SRX has kinda a lived in smell these days. (can you say 19 month old) So I decided to use the fogger. Set it up in the middle of his car seat since the interior is all uncoated leather and let it go. I could find no stains or spitting anywhere. It did leave a nice kinda sweet smell and air'd out rather quickly. Wife thought it smelled fresh .....

Edge --
    Lets first say I was a diehard LC pad user. I think I recently upset the Edge powers that be when I saw no need to change. So ... Jason decided he was going to entice me to try Edge.

First the adapter and the pads are unique. They are double sided pads with a plastic locking plate in the middle. It snaps into place and snug tight fit. I decided on the orange pad while hitting the Vette.

Pros ---
    1. These puppies WILL NOT fly off at any speed.
    2. Double foam design leads well to corners and mirrors and other areas as virtually no way to chip or hit them.
    3. I cannot see how you would ever touch the locking pad to paint as well designed and very thick foam between them.
    4. Two sided pads, mean quick changes and no gummed up pads.
    5. Pads stay centered thru any speed.

Cons ---
    1. DO NOT touch the center adapter release after using at full tilt for 10-15 minutes. It is metal and holds all the heat. OUCH !! (I wanted to flip for other side of car)
    2. Wash out is a little harder when using both sides of pad. It appears the heat from PC actually helps the polish to dry and set on side closest to motor.

All in all my gripes are very small. Pinnacles pad cleaner and a little squishing between hands and all was well to reuse pads. I was impressed enough to leave the adapter attached to the PC versus changing back to a flexible backing plate. Next time, I will try the contour pads.

Schmitt --
    Jason also sent me a couple of the new Schmitts . I did not use at length as the size is quite different after using mitts for so long. I need to merge into it I suppose. I will tell you it (white one) is about the softest foam I have felt. I can see where it should NOT lead to any swirls or added scratches. The size is my only issue, and will revisit weekly to see if its a yeah or naw but complaints would only be personal is nature.

Trying to get the car done piece by piece for Ecklers in 3 weeks. Polish and sealed this weekend. We will look to Souveran next week and polish the wheels (uggh).
    Last edited by ScottB; 10-07-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice package. I haven't used the fogger yet, but I will use it when I detail my father-in-law's truck. I love the clean air air duct spray cleaner. I forget how many weeks ago I used it on my car and it still is smelling great.

Edge pads rock! I use a MF to push the adapter in to flip it so I don't get burned.

I love the shmitt. I used it after polishing that black VW bug I was detailing and I can say it left absolutely NO new swirls. I'm glad too! I would have hated having to polish again.

Post Thanks / Like
    the adapter gets hard to press too. I've had to use a screwdriver to push it down before.

Post Thanks / Like
    You wussies, just press the release really fast and it only burns a little. That air-defogger sounds nice, might have to grab it.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. The adapter can get a little hot sometimes. It does seem to cool off pretty quick though. So, just give it a second. I knew if you gave the Edge system a try you would like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!!

Sounds like you got a bunch of Great stuff, I need to look at the Air Genie Fogger and will be getting some Schimitts (Sp) soon....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidity
    the adapter gets hard to press too. I've had to use a screwdriver to push it down before.
    You should never have to use anything to push the button. If you do, its broken, but GOOD NEWS! the adapters are guaranteed for LIFE. Send it back to us at the address below or to AG and we will replace it free of charge!

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    ( Phone: (610) 583-4883
    2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
    * Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com
    www.edgepads.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the adapter gets hot and hard to press. I'm still in the learning curve on these new pads. So far I love them, one side gets dirty, press pull flip!