autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Help me place my next order

CUrrent set up:

Ultimate Detailing Machine
    CCS Orange, White and Black pads. The waffle ones
    XMT 3,2 and 1
    Megs NXT wax

Ive detailed quite a number of vehicles with the setup. Im looking to speed up my work and have the muscle to tackle deeper inperfections.

I was going to get a flex rotary. But after days of reading Im thinking ill give the flex DA a try.

I hear people rant and rave about menzerna. IS this an appropriate polish for a DA? Or does it require the heat of a rotary to breakdown and work well?

Also what pads with this combo? CCS? Edge?

Whats a good top coat wax? NXT is shinny but not durable at all. Looking for something good but affordable for detailing.

Thanks in advance
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please Help me place my next order

I think you'll like the Flex 3401. I've had the PC and I like it a lot better based on performance and less vibration.

You can use the Menzerna with the Flex 3401 or other DA's. Also consider Meg's 105 or Ultimate Compound and M205 if you are doing this to make money.

I use CCS and they do fine. I would recommend getting the LC Purple Foam Wool 6.5" pads for the tough stuff. Love those pads.

I've gotten almost 2 months or more out of NXT and actually had a thread about it? How long are you looking for a wax to last?

I haven't tried it but Meg's makes a #26 Wax. If you are looking for durability, have you thought about looking for a sealant. If looking to cut time maybe an AIO such as Optimum Poli-Seal. Was recommended to my by AG and I like it so far.

What are trying to accomplish in this order? Just paint correction & a protectant?

Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to accomplish paint correction in a reasonable amount of time without my arm falling off. I've seen how fast a rotary corrects but I've seen how fast it destroys too. I'm ready to step up a bit but not yet ready or brave enough to use a rotary. As far as product goes I'd like something that works well but is cost effctivE. I noticed that menzerna is great for harder clear coats. I do a number of Mercedes and I would like to shave a little time it takes me to get the fine results that I do.
    As far as wax goes, I guess I want a wax that gives the clear coat depth. Lke when you put water on an un waxed hood and it just looks amazing until the water runs off. Not sure how to achieve that with wax.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 360_detail View Post

I hear people rant and rave about Menzerna. IS this an appropriate polish for a DA? Or does it require the heat of a rotary to breakdown and work well?
    Great example of the confusion surrounding the "heat" issue that's brought up on discussion forums all the time. See my comments about heat and the topic of how it's necessary to break down compounds in this thread.

Fight or Flight Method for Gaging Surface Temperature

Also what pads with this combo? CCS? Edge?
    Any of the 6.5 and 7" pads will work great with the Flex 3401, which design is almost as much personal preference as anything else as all the pads AG offers work well.

As for using double sided Edge pads you can certainly go this direction with this adapter, you can watch a video by clicking the link below that addresses this.

Edge FLEX XC 3401 Conversion Adapter, Edge Pads adapter for FLEX Orbital Buffer, 3M Edge 2000 Adapter

Whats a good top coat wax? NXT is shinny but not durable at all. Looking for something good but affordable for detailing.

Thanks in advance
    This questions usually brings a lot of suggestions, maybe re-post it as a "dedicated thread" and see what kind of answers you get. It would help to tell people what you're working on and how your treat the vehicles, such as

• Garage Queen
    • Daily Driver parked outside 24 by 7
    • Other people's cars as in you're detailing other peoples cars
    • Desert living, rainy climate, etc.

Etc.