autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyclo and Foam Gun Impressions

I normally don’t like to make comments on new item till I have a chance to use it a few times but the Cyclo is really impressive. I started on one fender using the PC took a couple of times with IP to clean up the finish, I did the other fender with the Cyclo and IP once and it look better then the fender done with the PC. Looking at the Cyclo it looked heavy and clumsy but it is so well balance that it is a breeze to use even on vertical panels. It also has about half the vibration of the PC and seems to glide over the finish without any effort. Also seems to use a lot less down force to get the same results. It looks like I have cut my polishing time in half at least maybe more. The PC it now on the top shelf and the Cyclo has taken it spot – the only time I will need the PC is a couple of tight spots to small for the Cyclo do.

The foam gun is a neat tool also. People that have filters like the CRSpotless will love it since you have to restrict the flow on the filters. The CRSpotless requires less that 2 gallon a minute flow rate the Gilmore Foam Guns flow at 1.5 gallons per minute. You works well with the foam part and OK with rinse but the advantage is you don’t have to use any unfiltered water in the wash.
    -Dennis
    ======

Post Thanks / Like
    That Cyclo is looking like the tool to try this year ... just cannot seem to give my PC up. I tried rotary and still prefer PC considering I have only minor marring at each polish session. Thanks for the review Dennis ...

Post Thanks / Like
    the last vette that I polished was a black C5... it had somewhat harder than average clearcoat. it took quite a bit of time to remove moderate defects. Are the new C6's painted with the same kind of clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    the last vette that I polished was a black C5... it had somewhat harder than average clearcoat. it took quite a bit of time to remove moderate defects. Are the new C6's painted with the same kind of clear?
    yes , its funny because all detailers say the Vette clear is hard, yet the manufacturers and car chem companies all say it is soft. I find that correct polish and pad choice are all thats needed to correct minor/ moderate swirls. Now that darn orange peel, seems standard GM issue for 20 years ....

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dont even start complaining about OP until you look at my paint! Mine is umm.... bad.