autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Which Product Thread

I know there are a million of these threads out there, and I have read a lot of them over the last few weeks as I am trying to put together an order. I am looking at the XMT PC7424 Light Swirl Remover Kit to start with. However, after reading some recommendations from other people's threads, I want to go with Four Star UPP topped with Pinnacle Sig II (which I purchased last night on the BOGO deal) to go on my silver Charger. Is it right to say that I would go XMT #2, #1, XMT Finishing Glaze, UPP, then Sig II? Or, in the kit description, it says put Sig II on top of the Glaze. Would putting UPP on be a waste? Or would the sealant give it that longer lasting durability factor (thats what I am looking for)? What would be the pros/cons of either method? Or, if you have something better, what would you go with? TIA for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Which Product Thread

UPP may not bond to the properties in the glaze properly. I would either skip the glaze or the UPP. Everything else works properly and would provide great results. Your gonna love SSII !!

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Killr. After posting I read a few more threads and found out glazes and sealants do not mesh very well. Another question I have is will the XMT #1 be ok as a final polish or should I try some Menz 85RD? Will the 85RD make that much of a difference on daily driven cars?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    Thanks Killr. After posting I read a few more threads and found out glazes and sealants do not mesh very well. Another question I have is will the XMT #1 be ok as a final polish or should I try some Menz 85RD? Will the 85RD make that much of a difference on daily driven cars?
    Both of these are finishing polishes and will give you similar results, especially on a silver metallic clearcoated finish.

So you really only need to get and use one or the other.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!

What would you recommended for the number of coats for the UPP with Sig II on top? One of each? One and Two, etc? Yes, this is my daily driver, but like everyone else, I still want others to salivate over the show car shine.

Also, what would you recommend as the cure times between applying the sealant and wax?

After the initial polish/sealant/wax, what is the next step in upkeep, lets say about 2-4 months down the road? cleanser/sealant/wax?

Pay Day is Friday, cant wait to get things rollin.