autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you polish glass like you polish your car?

This revolutionary glass polishing pad has the abrasives built into the foam!

Restore the clarity and smoothness of auto glass with Lake Country’s unique Glass Polishing Pad. The 5.5 Inch foam pad has minute abrasives incorporated into the foam. The Glass Polishing Pad enhances the performance of a quality glass polish to remove fine scratches and restore optical clarity to your car windshield and windows.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad

Post Thanks / Like

I used some of the Auto Armor All In One polish on my glass shower doors and it did a fantastic job. I wouldn't have tried it on a windshield yet but was happy that it worked as well as the Griot's Glass Polish (at least on the shower door).

I have used the Griot's Glass Polish on my wife's windshield and was impressed by the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post

This revolutionary glass polishing pad has the abrasives built into the foam!

Restore the clarity and smoothness of auto glass with Lake Country’s unique Glass Polishing Pad. The 5.5 Inch foam pad has minute abrasives incorporated into the foam. The Glass Polishing Pad enhances the performance of a quality glass polish to remove fine scratches and restore optical clarity to your car windshield and windows.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad

I have that pad. What I did was I used the Lake Country Leveling Discs which come with the system (which includes the glass polish and a backing plate for the discs). After removing the scratches with the glass polish and the leveling discs I used the glass polish with the pad above thinking that may make the glass even clearer. I really didn't notice much of a difference really. The polish with the leveling discs really doesn't leave a haze on the glass like I assumed it would.

The next time I polish glass I may use the glass polish on the leveling discs on one half of the windshield and the glass polish on the pad above on the other half of the windshield and see what happens.
    Last edited by Bert31; 12-11-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If the glass has hard water spots, can we use a heavy cut polish like Menzerna to buff them out in this case? The glass otherwise is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    If the glass has hard water spots, can we use a heavy cut polish like Menzerna to buff them out in this case? The glass otherwise is fine.
    The first time I used Megs 101 on a wool pad and it did remove the water spots. Another time, it did not. All it can guess is that the second time, the water spots were worse and/or had been on the glass longer and therefore had etched deeper than Meg 101 could do much about. So, I would recommend giving your most aggressive compound on your most aggressive pad and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then you can decide if you want to invest in glass polish and glass pads.

6. Likes Eldorado2k, vaced liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    The first time I used Megs 101 on a wool pad and it did remove the water spots. Another time, it did not. All it can guess is that the second time, the water spots were worse and/or had been on the glass longer and therefore had etched deeper than Meg 101 could do much about. So, I would recommend giving your most aggressive compound on your most aggressive pad and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then you can decide if you want to invest in glass polish and glass pads.
    You originally posted in this thread and just so happened to be around to reply to a recent post 14yrs. later… Extraordinary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12