autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Scratches and swirls

Working on a '95 Cherokee that has alot of swirl marks as well as some pretty good scratches on the upper surfaces. Scratches look like they may have been caused by some bad washing habits (gravel in mit maybe?). Anyway, I am looking into a Porter Cable buffer and was wondering what you folks in here would suggest for products from the scratch removal on up to the final wax - and why.

Looks like there's a ton of products to choose from - almost too many in my opinion, but I want to know what's going to bring me the best results.

Also, as far as clay bars are concerned, I've just gone with the Mother's clay system as it's been convenient to purchase, but is there a difference between the various makers of these - or are they all on par with each other?

Thanks in advance....

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dforeid
    Working on a '95 Cherokee that has alot of swirl marks as well as some pretty good scratches on the upper surfaces. Scratches look like they may have been caused by some bad washing habits (gravel in mit maybe?). Anyway, I am looking into a Porter Cable buffer and was wondering what you folks in here would suggest for products from the scratch removal on up to the final wax - and why.

Looks like there's a ton of products to choose from - almost too many in my opinion, but I want to know what's going to bring me the best results.

Also, as far as clay bars are concerned, I've just gone with the Mother's clay system as it's been convenient to purchase, but is there a difference between the various makers of these - or are they all on par with each other?

Thanks in advance....
    http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaswrek.html This kit has just about everything you need except for your clay, wax and wash soap. For your wax I would recommend max wax or Natty's blue. For your car wash DP foam gun soap or Poorboy's Super Slick Suds. As for clay there is not much difference between them however the clay lubes vary greatly. Pinnacle makes an excellent clay lube for the poly clays and the Mother's that you were using before is very good too. If you read the detailing university section on the Autogeek web site http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html and watch the video links that Sparkie gave you you should be fine. And of course we are all here to help you every step of the way. Best of luck to you.