autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing and Dermatology

It's unclear to me whether these gloves come as both disposable and non-disposable, or only as disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptain_zero View Post
    Just to add to the wrinkling issue, there are industrial weight nitrile gloves that are tougher and looser fitting than the usual "snap on the latex" types that can help by keeping some air circulating around your skin. There are also cotton liners available that can be used with either type of glove, tight or loose fitting, that also helps for a while. You could check out sites like Leevalley who stock both the thin and thick nitrile gloves and the cotton liners for ideas. As to where it's best to purchase from is another story all together. In Canada, Costco carries 100 pair boxes of nitrile gloves at an attractive price but most places have them at prices within a buck or two of Costco so I'd buy ones that fit me the best from wherever.

Regards

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing and Dermatology

Quote Originally Posted by stevehecht View Post
    It's unclear to me whether these gloves come as both disposable and non-disposable, or only as disposable.
    LeeValley carries the thin, disposable nitrile gloves and also carries heavy re-usable 15mil nitrile gloves that are significantly more expensive. The cotton liners can probably be used a few times before you have to break out a new pair but I have never handled them so I could not tell you for sure as to how durable they are. I'm fortunate that I have a LeeValley store in my town so I can go down and look at the products before buying and they actually have test gloves on display but I don't recall seeing the cotton ones. The heavy gloves will be much like any garden variety "for home use" rubber gloves such as those you would buy at the grocery store for doing dishes, washing floors etc. etc. and come to think of it, I've seen nitrile gloves there too as latex allergy isn't that uncommon.

I use only the disposable type nitrile gloves for handling stuff like paints, solvents and other finishes that ruin them anyway so I don't buy the heavy ones. The thin nitrile gloves give you good grip and feel as they are quite thin, yet do not tear easily. I was just at Costco today and it was about $10 for a box of 100 pairs of nitrile gloves.

If you go to the LeeValley website, just search for "nitrile" and "cotton" which will bring up links to the gloves we are talking about, other industrial supply houses should have them as well. I have not checked on the AG site to see if they carry any such things.

Regards

Christian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12