autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmm?

Post Thanks / Like

hmm?

looking into the dodo product pretty seriously.

dodo juice light fantastic soft wax or dodo juice diamond white hard wax?

this will only be applied on my metallic silver car.

which one will make the metallic pop/glow the best and also have a nice wet look/shine at the same time?

also, what is the difference between dodos hard and soft waxes?
    and which one has more durability? even though i am not going for durability but for a nice glow/pop of the metallic flake and nice wet look/shine is of my importance. basically wanting mto get the most from my metallic silver paint in both directions.

thankyou.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by corolla619 View Post

dodo juice light fantastic soft wax or dodo juice diamond white hard wax?

this will only be applied on my metallic silver car.
    I have used both on my Titanium Silver 330i and here are my opinions. Just for reference, I live in West Palm Beach and it was hot/Muggy/Rainy during the timeframe described.

which one will make the metallic pop/glow the best and also have a nice wet look/shine at the same time?
    The Light Fantastic will give you a bigger metallic pop and provide a nicer wet look/shine at the same time.

also, what is the difference between dodos hard and soft waxes?

and which one has more durability? even though i am not going for durability but for a nice glow/pop of the metallic flake and nice wet look/shine is of my importance. basically wanting mto get the most from my metallic silver paint in both directions.
    I think you probably know the answer to the last question, and that is that Diamond White provides much more durability then Light Fantastic.

Both waxes look nice on the silver car (and on a white car I waxed for a friend) but I could tell the difference between the two regarding wet look and metallic pop.

The Hard Waxes are designed to provide a more durable layer of protection vs the soft waxes.

I have actually had the best durability/results from using some DoubleWax Hard underneath the Light Fantastic. I won a sample jar of the DoubleWax Hard from AG in a contest and it provides the durability while the Light Fantastic provided the pop. I am not sure that the DoubleWax Hard is available on its own and I have not tried the doublewax soft.

Dodo Juice Doublewax Kit, carnauba waxes, double wax, dodo double waxes, wax layering, carnauba topper
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Mike Phillips

Read the title of this thread and thought I would share this...

How to write a good title for your thread

Post Thanks / Like

Also the hardwaxes need to be applied with a foam applicator, the soft waxes can ben applied with your fingers (although I prefer foam applicator always).

Post Thanks / Like

I find in general if you get spoiled by the ease of use and removal on Pinnacle and Wolfgang paste waxes you'll have some trouble with Dodo. Its a little harder to work with, but offers nice results. Sometimes a little extra work can payoff....

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

i am spoiled by pinnacle and wolfgang haha.

but, i want to try dodo so bad. from what i am reading, the dodo light soft wax seems like it will give me a nice deep shine and make the metallic flakes in my metallic silver pop/glow the best. durability is not an issue. i love to wax every couple weeks.

but is the soft wax still a paste wax or really runny? reason i ask is i seen that it can be applied by fingers?(not that i would by any means). i still want it to be a paste consistence say like souveran paste, sig II paste, fuzion paste etc. will it be?

Post Thanks / Like

Light Fantastic is just like most paste waxes, just use a foam applicator.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Get a small sample of both and pick which one you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    Get a small sample of both and pick which one you like.
    see that's what i don't want to do. i'd just rather jump in and get the one that will make my metallic silver paint have the pop/glow and shine/wet look it deserves. i want the big tub.

i'm leaning towards the light fantastic soft wax but want to make sure the consistency of the paste is the same consistency as souveran paste, sig II paste, fusion paste etc. and not a runny liquid of some sort.

that's all that's holding me back.

if i did get a sample, i would probaly get the hard wax. how many vehicles will a sample jar do?
    Last edited by corolla619; 10-28-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

both the hard and soft waxes are still pastes. One (soft) acts more like Pinnacle and easier to use with applicator. The other (hard) needs some heat to melt and transfer and thus fingers and palm offer it. I dont like the dried out feeling of hands after applying wax by hand (must be the solvents) so I use a foamy and just work a little harder. (circle more with a little pressure)

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.