autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

what is with all these abbreviations???

This has been driving me nuts for ever! I know there is a chart which explains all these crazy abbreviations but I do not have the time to study it and learn all these nor do I want to look through it when people say like three of them in a short posting. I just don't get If we are taking our time to explain to everyone our thoughts and let everyone know what we are talking about why is it so hard to push a few more buttons? Sorry to complain but many times I get frustrated, stop reading, and find something else to do. Can someone please explain the point of all this? There are hundreds of them. Like DISO. Who in there right mind knows what that is? I know "dealer installed swirl marks" Only because someone was talking about coming up with a name for them. People who dont spend alot of time on here can and will never understand this forum. Its nucking futs!
    Nothing is clean until its Spotless

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is with all these abbreviations???

Quote Originally Posted by SpotlessDetail View Post
    This has been driving me nuts for ever! I know there is a chart which explains all these crazy abbreviations but I do not have the time to study it and learn all these nor do I want to look through it when people say like three of them in a short posting. I just don't get If we are taking our time to explain to everyone our thoughts and let everyone know what we are talking about why is it so hard to push a few more buttons? Sorry to complain but many times I get frustrated, stop reading, and find something else to do. Can someone please explain the point of all this? There are hundreds of them. Like DISO. Who in there right mind knows what that is? I know "dealer installed swirl marks" Only because someone was talking about coming up with a name for them. People who dont spend alot of time on here can and will never understand this forum. Its nucking futs!
    I have to agree with you also sometimes we just sit here saying too ourselfs what the heck does that mean.These day at work or on the computer everyone has to use abbreviations.And if you ask someone what it means you feel like an alien.Just my 02 cents also
    Lamborghini Broward

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - it took forever for me to learn what LSP meant. Now, I don't remember the definition, but the concept. ONR - finally learned that!

Post Thanks / Like

People who dont spend alot of time on here can and will never understand this forum.
    I'll give you an "Amen" on that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow cool. Thought I was gona get lots of hate mail from that one. LSP is last step protection but what the hell is ONR? haha. Its like all these people are texting! Well ttyl guys lol. NOT!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a post that has made me want to post! I agree with everyone that has posted on this thread. I read one post that contained more acronyms and abbreviations than fully written out words. Its is unfortunate because for a noob like me, I would like to learn but become quite confused by all the secret code talk on this site. Believe me, after work and school the last thing I want to do is study so I can remember and understand all of the code words.

That being said, I love the knowledge of detailing I have gained from this board. I especially appreciate the posters that take the time to spell everything out.

Sorry about the incessant use of the word post, in all of its forms!

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess this is the only post you can understand around here. I was the same way for a long long time even before I became a member. Very confused. Just try and filter through it if you can. Id like to say you will pick it up but... if your not on here 24 hours a day you wont.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop the LOL Just kidding! I still need to check some abbreviations. Like with Megs products. I don't use many, so I need to check the #'s(16,21,6,etc) people mention to know what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to agree, quite often I find it hard to benefit from some of post and replys because of my lack of knowledge with all the abbreviations. Of course I must take some of the blame as I haven't taken the time to commit them to memory, I'm just getting to old.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a list floating around here somewhere, dont wory after a bit of time you get the hang of it. Then you can put a whole detail you did in abbreviations.

"ONRed, 2xSIP/LC Orange, 1x106FA/ LC Blue, 2x WG DSPS, 1x #845"

Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it, if you dont know what something means just ask, we dont bite haha.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast