autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Drying Towels - Best and Boiling Towels

in general towels that do not suck up water tend to have been washed in fabric softners or soaps using a fabric softner in them. Soak in a bucket of DP Pad Rejuvinator (if you have it) , then rewash in the dedicated soap (DP, Microrestore) and you should be fine.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought blue waffle weave towels 3 different times from 3 different suppliers. I was very happy with the first 2 batches but by the time it came time to order the 3rd batch I had gone exlusively Autogeek (Due to my wonderfull past experiences and customer service). This last batch of 3 I bought from AG and these posts are absolutely right! I am sorry to say these towels are terrible and I probably won't buy any more waffle weave towels from AG. I was extremely surprised. It doesn't even feel the same. When I washed all my waffle weaves together in the machine I pulled out my other ones and they were "normal" but when I pulled out the one with red trim it was barely even wet! Really weird... It just doesn't absorb! I only use Microfiber rejuvinator when I wash them... No fabric softener or anything. I've been planning to call and return these. I don't know what % are like this but I would highly recomend AG return these to the supplier and get different waffle weaves.
    Terribly sorry to be so blunt but if anybody else is getting the same towels that I just did this will only turn customers off. For those that are new to waffle weaves do not give up. Most waffle weaves are great! I should add that I did pay about 3$-6$ more per towel for those 2 batches of towels that I loved... full disclosure...
    Last edited by CEE DOG; 10-22-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    in general towels that do not suck up water tend to have been washed in fabric softeners or soaps using a fabric softener in them. Soak in a bucket of DP Pad Rejuvinator (if you have it) , then rewash in the dedicated soap (DP, Microrestore) and you should be fine.
    I know what you are saying but mine have not been in fabric softener. So did AG wash them in Fabric softener before they shipped them? Right out of the package no suck. Wash in Pinnacle MF cleaner..no suck, so I guess they just Suck in the other way?
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm:

my next purchase here I plan to include some drying towels. The green guzzlers are doing a great job. but the blue ones just push the water around? Would you guys say thats the general concensus?
    Peter's Detailing

-2001 Chevy 2500 Suburban

-1994 Chevy S10

-1989 Baja 240 Sport (454 BBC)

Post Thanks / Like

I have the blue guzzeler and ti sucks the original green on are much better IMO. I tried boiling my microfiber once and to me it had the same result as DP Microfiber cleaner (I have the citrus power)

I tried Dawn soad last night I used a 5 gallon bucket filled it up with 4 gallons of hot water, dawn soap, and what i had left of DP (less then half a scoop). I let the towels soak for about 20 minutes and hoes them off. They came out really clean. I mixed maybe a 1/4 scoop od DP and some water then put the towel in the wash with extra rinse then in the drier at low heat for 20 minutes they came out looking brand new.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    in general towels that do not suck up water tend to have been washed in fabric softners or soaps using a fabric softner in them. Soak in a bucket of DP Pad Rejuvinator (if you have it) , then rewash in the dedicated soap (DP, Microrestore) and you should be fine.
    That is wat I do exept I use DP Pad Rejuvinator 1/4 scoop or less and mix with 8oz of water then add about 2oz of the solution to the washer and it works great.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peabo View Post
    Just to confirm:

my next purchase here I plan to include some drying towels. The green guzzlers are doing a great job. but the blue ones just push the water around? Would you guys say thats the general concensus?
    I have a Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel and I really like it. I didn't get a chance to use any other kind of drying towels, but right now I'm really happy with mine. Better than any chamois I tried in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    I have the blue guzzeler and ti sucks the original green on are much better IMO. I tried boiling my microfiber once and to me it had the same result as DP Microfiber cleaner (I have the citrus power)

I tried Dawn soad last night I used a 5 gallon bucket filled it up with 4 gallons of hot water, dawn soap, and what i had left of DP (less then half a scoop). I let the towels soak for about 20 minutes and hoes them off. They came out really clean. I mixed maybe a 1/4 scoop od DP and some water then put the towel in the wash with extra rinse then in the drier at low heat for 20 minutes they came out looking brand new.
    I tried to find Dawn soap in Wal-Mart here in Canada, but I didn't found it yet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree the blue WW towel is waiste of money it does not dry the car I have cobra HD towels and they work better but I still need 3 of them to completely dry my 325i. As I see MF drying towels should be 70/30 mixture to absorb more water. I am going to order cobra gold splash that is buy one get one sale on AG and see how they'll work

Post Thanks / Like

I got 3 free Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloths with one of my orders from AG and after you wash them they are great for dryingthe car.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    I got 3 free Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloths with one of my orders from AG and after you wash them they are great for dryingthe car.
    I think your missing the point the complant is with the waffle weave not sucking up any water.Not with the other MF that are sold .
    Lamborghini Broward

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast