autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Car cover Question

Hi again. I searched the forum but find no threads about car covers. I just bought a $75 car cover from walmart the best they carry there. I know that there are much more expensive ones out there but i Do not want to spend more on this. My question is if someone have used it and if they are safe for paint I mean no new swirls or scratches. manufacturers all claim no. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car cover Question

I have not used the Wal-mart cover specifically, but in general car covers work. I will tell you the ones from Covercraft which are sold by Autogeek are some of the nicest offered. I got to work with the rep at Ecklers a couple years back and see the differences in a quality cover versus standard one. If you choose to get one, spend the extra cash upfront for the best you can afford and then realize its like a piece of furniture and pricing breaks down to amount of uses over its lifetime.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot
    I'll order one from AG

Post Thanks / Like

The covercraft covers are actually tailored for your vehicle. They are exact sized and have mirror pockets. The covercraft also use plastic grommets (two piece hole reinforcement) where you antenna pokes through. We had picked up a cheaper 4 sizes fit all type and they just some adhesive strips and patches for securing the antenna hole you much make. The patches came off fairly soon so you just have a hole.

BTW, I purchased a Covercraft Noah for my Dakota truck (see avatar) and I did have to add some drain holes in the bed since water would pool there (I am sure all covers will have this issue). Covercraft send me some spare grommets for them (keeps the hole from enlarging) after I requested them.
    Last edited by Bunky; 10-10-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Covercraft Noah back in early 2008. My purpose was for bird bombs, tree sap and door ding protection since I dont drive the car much at all. It is a very good quality cover. For the bird signatures and tree sap came off the cover easily when it rained. There are videos on how to apply to cover onto the car and take it off. The car must be real clean when you put the cover on or else you risk dirt scratching the car. I did notice on my car, with soft paint,that I have some scuff marks above the side windows. Now I don't use the cover anymore.