autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of the best cheap LSPs?

So far from what I have read there are several good waxes/sealants that are under $30, many of them actually under $20. I haven't used all of them, but I'm sure that collectively we all have. Which of these do you think is king of the hill and why?
    Slickness, Durability, Shine, etc? Discuss any product you think deserves mention that I left out.

DP Max Wax
    Collinite Insulator Wax
    Natty's Blue or Red
    S100

My vote is for Collinite Insulator Wax. Durable as heck, slick, and cheap. What more could you ask for?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best of the best cheap LSPs?

DP MaxWax is HANDS DOWN the best nuba wax in its price range. It makes any color deeper and more reflective. It is a true WOWO and comes off like butter. It also leaves a very slick and smooth finish. There to me is no beating DP at its pricepoint or even up one level.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, goes on easy and lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

For longevity, I reach for the collinite. It is also easy to use which is a plus.

For looks and "pleasure" of using, I would say Natty's red gets my vote. It is the only wax that has impressed me way over what I expected from it. I expect waxes like fuzion and others in that price to look amazing, but the first time I used the red, I really didn't expect to get that result from a bargain wax.

Anyways, just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like

For the money, Collinite 845 gets my vote. It's fairly easy to apply and is durable as heck. It smells like depleted uranium (as one person once put it), but the smell grows on you.

I also cast a vote for Harly Wax, which sells for under $20 for a 14 oz tin. It's very easy to apply and remove and gives a warm, balanced shine. I like it a lot.

Finally, let me cast a vote for Mother's Reflections. Reflections looks great on my black car--clear and reflective--and is pretty durable.

Unfortunately, each of these waxes/sealants usually have to be ordered online (so you have to add in shipping charges), though there are a few places that carry the Collinite waxes and the Reflections line. Here in Roanoke, e.g., Reflections can be found at one of the Bumper to Bumper stores.

I have never used any of the Duragloss sealants, but I imagine DG users will be weighing in very soon. You can't beat their prices.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking to pick up a true WOWO carnauba that is very easy to apply and remove. I don't know if I am getting lazy or out of shape, but I am tired of removing Meguiar's M26 and M16. I try to apply very thin layers. Ease of application and removal has climbed my priority chart.

I just received the UPGP (4oz) from Autogeek and I want to top that with a carnauba. I can't afford the Fuzion or Souveran so that's why I am looking at the DP MaxWax.

How does it compare to Souveran and Fuzion in regard to ease of application and removal as well as looks?

Also, how does it compare to Meguiar's M26 in the looks department? I am a fan of M26.

My car is an 06 VW GLI in Platinum Grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Fall I put a coat of DG 501 on my wifes Mini-van because I didnt have the time to do a full blown detail on it and to my suprise it lasted most of the winter.

Super Member Presidential_Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes for Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant. Ever since I got a sample, its all I have used lately! Its amazingly easy, you can apply it with a PC in under 10 minutes to the entire car and then effortlessly remove it and it leaves the slickest surface I have ever felt. It gets a 10/10 in my book, I havent found any issues with it yet.

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

DP Max Wax on sale, or XMT180 as backup.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast