autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Holograms/swirls in paint

Hey everybody! I have a question that's probably been asked before, but I'd like your input anyway. I've got a black 2008 Civic Si with factory installed holograms, which I've been trying to get rid of for some time. I've gotten most of them out, but the really stubborn ones still remain time after time. I was wondering, based on cost-effectiveness, does the Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3 and Fine Swirl Remover #1 stand up against the Meguiars M105/205 combo? I'd like to fix this on the semi-cheap, as I already have a PC 7424XP and all of the proper pads. The XMT is definitely cheaper, but will it do a similar job compared to the Meguiars? If you have experience with these products, let me know! Thanks!

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holograms/swirls in paint

Quote Originally Posted by nittanysi View Post
    Hey everybody! I have a question that's probably been asked before, but I'd like your input anyway. I've got a black 2008 Civic Si with factory installed holograms, which I've been trying to get rid of for some time. I've gotten most of them out, but the really stubborn ones still remain time after time. I was wondering, based on cost-effectiveness, does the Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3 and Fine Swirl Remover #1 stand up against the Meguiars M105/205 combo? I'd like to fix this on the semi-cheap, as I already have a PC 7424XP and all of the proper pads. The XMT is definitely cheaper, but will it do a similar job compared to the Meguiars? If you have experience with these products, let me know! Thanks!

Ross
    In a nutshell xmt doesn't even come close. The 105/205 will take care of your problem.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's what I figured as much. Gonna have to bite the bullet on the 105/205 combo, but I guess it'll be worth it. I can't find it retailed anywhere in stores though, which would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    In a nutshell xmt doesn't even come close. The 105/205 will take care of your problem.
    +1

Cheaper would be Wolfgangs 8oz combo

Wolfgang 8 oz. Swirl Remover Combo, Wolfgang polishes, total swirl remover, finishing glaze, machine glaze

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's what I figured as much. Gonna have to bite the bullet on the 105/205 combo, but I guess it'll be worth it. I can't find it retailed anywhere in stores though, which would be nice.
    Sherwin Williams Automotive Stores. If you have any regular Sherwin Williams stores in your area your bound to have one of the automotive branches in the area!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I don't know if I've ever seen one of those as an automotive store before, I'll have to check it out. In terms of the Wolfgang Combo, I was looking at that also and heard mixed reviews.. any ideas compared to Meguiars?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I really appreciate everyone posting on this so quickly!

Post Thanks / Like

Really? I don't know if I've ever seen one of those as an automotive store before, I'll have to check it out. In terms of the Wolfgang Combo, I was looking at that also and heard mixed reviews.. any ideas compared to Meguiars?
    Listen to everyone when they say you want it right the first time, with great return, just bite the bullet and get the M105/205 combo. Hell I had to order more 105 this morning, about ran out last night.

Also the stores are hard to find. You have to go to the Sherwin Williams website, and then to there automotive site, and locate a store. There few and far between, theres only 3 of them within 150 miles on me in GA so...

If you dont want to order online, you might have to make a long trip to get it in person!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, I actually just searched, and there's an automotive finishes store about 5 miles from my house. I'll have to give them a call and see if they've got the stuff and go check them out. I agree, do things right the first time, but paint correction is still somewhat new to me. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, I actually just searched, and there's an automotive finishes store about 5 miles from my house. I'll have to give them a call and see if they've got the stuff and go check them out. I agree, do things right the first time, but paint correction is still somewhat new to me. Thanks for the help!
    I hate you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast