autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars New Ultimate Quik Wax

Just ran out of spray wax and was considering the Durogloss
    Aquawax until I found out it was a sealant. I have multiple layers of Souveran on my truck and did not want to top a carnauba with a sealant. Was at walmart to day and grabbed a
    bottle of Meguiars New Ultimate Quik Wax. I just went over my truck after QD'ing. I like the Meguiars New Quik wax. Smells good and wipe on wipe off. Slick and slippery and nice pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars New Ultimate Quik Wax

It's great stuff!

I love it too, took me a while to buy it.
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like

It really is great stuff. I actually like it a bit better than AW.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive/Marine Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belcherm58 View Post
    Just ran out of spray wax and was considering the Durogloss
    Aquawax until I found out it was a sealant. I have multiple layers of Souveran on my truck and did not want to top a carnauba with a sealant. Was at walmart to day and grabbed a
    bottle of Meguiars New Ultimate Quik Wax. I just went over my truck after QD'ing. I like the Meguiars New Quik wax. Smells good and wipe on wipe off. Slick and slippery and nice pop.
    Be careful when using liquid waxes as solvents are used to keep the nuba liquified. This maybe removing your souveran. Why not use a QD inbetween waxing and wax once a month?

Post Thanks / Like

I found it to need a little more buffing like Poorboys qder+ versus Souveran Spray Wax and Four Star Spray Wax ... your thoughts ??

Post Thanks / Like

I have now used UQW four times on three different cars. I have found it exceptionally easy to apply and remove, and it leaves behind a glossy sealant look. It can be used as mist-on/wipe-off wax, panel by panel, or you can mist and wipe the entire car and then immediately buff off, which is the official Meguiar's recommendation (see Mike Phillip's recommendations).

The last time I used it on my black car, I did experience some hazing the day after I waxed it. The hazing appeared after several hours of direct exposure to the hot sun. I probably applied too much product. But this was the only time I have experienced any problems with UQW. Unlike Scott (above), I have never experienced any problems with buffing it off. Once UQW dries, which happens very quickly, one can hardly see any residue to remove. I buff the surface mainly because I know I'm supposed to.

I cannot attest to its durability, though many folks seem to be getting two to four weeks from a single application.

IMO, Ultimate Quik Wax is a great maintenance sealant.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by akimel; 08-17-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the UQW is a great product, but i find AW easier to use and is more cost efficient...

Post Thanks / Like

It wipes on and wipes off easy as a QD product. No drying or hazing
    required. I just ran out of Spray Souveran and it works as well as the Souveran did as far as application and use. Pumped up the reflections and the depth.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago and it took everything i had not to drink it lol this stuff smells good....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    I have now used UQW four times on three different cars. I have found it exceptionally easy to apply and remove, and it leaves behind a glossy sealant look. It can be used as mist-on/wipe-off wax, panel by panel, or you can mist and wipe the entire car and then immediately buff off, which is the official Meguiar's recommendation (see Mike Phillip's recommendations).

The last time I used it on my black car, I did experience some hazing the day after I waxed it. The hazing appeared after several hours of direct exposure to the hot sun. I probably applied too much product. But this was the only time I have experienced any problems with UQW. Unlike Scott (above), I have never experienced any problems with buffing it off. Once UQW dries, which happens very quickly, one can hardly see any residue to remove. I buff the surface mainly because I know I'm supposed to.

I cannot attest to its durability, though many folks seem to be getting two to four weeks from a single application.

IMO, Ultimate Quik Wax is a great maintenance sealant.

Cheers,
    Al
    I read Mikes recommended application technique. I will try this the next time and see what happens. I used a dry MF and spread it out and flipped and wiped it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast