autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior Detailing Product Suggestions

It's been a while since I've done a thorough detail of my interior. I'm looking to get it looking as good as my exterior. I need to clean and protect. I have a Corvette C5 with the typical GM interior combo of hard plastic, rubber, vinyl and leather. The interior color is black. The plastic, rubber and vinyl components are in excellent condition with the exception of some product build up. The leather is in need of some care. The seat leather is hard in some areas. I've previously used Lexol Vinylex Spray/Wipes, Mequiars Quick Interior Detailer Spray/Wipes, and Meguiars Gold Class Leather Spray. I haven't been able to verify if these products have silicone or petroleum. Given the greasy nature, I'm inclined to believe they do. Also, as I purchase more items form AG, I'm finding that OTC products aren't very good in comparison.

Protection of all the interior surfaces is my primary concern. Repelling dirt and dust would be my secondary concern being that I have the targa top frequently.

Autogeek customer support suggested DP Interior Cleaner and 303 Aerospace Protectant for the vinyl, plastic and rubber. Pinnacle Leather Conditioner was suggested for the seats. Can the DP Interior Cleaner be used to clean the leather before an application of Pinnacle Leather Conditioner or should I use Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Cleaner? Is Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Cleaner a good cleaner for my dash and other interior surfaces? Is it better than DP? I want to safely and effectively clean and protect my interior without having to use many products. I don't mind spending the money on a quality product that gets the job done. I just don't want a dozen products that only have one purpose.

Thanks!
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Detailing Product Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by xxxc5 View Post
    It's been a while since I've done a thorough detail of my interior. I'm looking to get it looking as good as my exterior. I need to clean and protect. I have a Corvette C5 with the typical GM interior combo of hard plastic, rubber, vinyl and leather. The interior color is black. The plastic, rubber and vinyl components are in excellent condition with the exception of some product build up. The leather is in need of some care. The seat leather is hard in some areas. I've previously used Lexol Vinylex Spray/Wipes, Mequiars Quick Interior Detailer Spray/Wipes, and Meguiars Gold Class Leather Spray. I haven't been able to verify if these products have silicone or petroleum. Given the greasy nature, I'm inclined to believe they do. Also, as I purchase more items form AG, I'm finding that OTC products aren't very good in comparison.

Protection of all the interior surfaces is my primary concern. Repelling dirt and dust would be my secondary concern being that I have the targa top frequently.

Autogeek customer support suggested DP Interior Cleaner and 303 Aerospace Protectant for the vinyl, plastic and rubber. Pinnacle Leather Conditioner was suggested for the seats. Can the DP Interior Cleaner be used to clean the leather before an application of Pinnacle Leather Conditioner or should I use Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Cleaner? Is Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Cleaner a good cleaner for my dash and other interior surfaces? Is it better than DP? I want to safely and effectively clean and protect my interior without having to use many products. I don't mind spending the money on a quality product that gets the job done. I just don't want a dozen products that only have one purpose.

Thanks!
    Steve
    That is a good combo. It will leave a very clean matte finish. As for your question:
    Leather care is a two part system. Once it has been cleaned, you must replace essential oils in order to maintain the soft, supple texture and prevent drying and cracking. With Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, we believe we’ve created the most lavish conditioner you can buy for your valuable leather interior.
    It looks like you do need to clean the leather before putting on the conditioner.

DP Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals.
    Looks like it is ok for your leather too
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Detailing Product Suggestions

You might also want to take a look at: AutoGeek 1Z Einszett
    Last edited by AeroCleanse; 07-09-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Better URL

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Interior Detailing Product Suggestions

On leather, I use woolite and distilled water. It works wonders and does not cost much at all. It's also just a one step deal.

Stephen
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com