autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you guys stay cool?

I am in Florida and the temperature and humidity this year is record breaking. Just wondering what some of you guys do to keep from falling out. Obviously shade and plenty of water but any special tricks or tips? I had mild heat stroke yesterday on an 8 hour detail. That sh!t is no fun. Any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you guys stay cool?

I often detail between 4am and 5am ... just joking. This time of year a good tent, garage, or several shady trees are needed. Keep a gallon of cold water too.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep plenty of water near by and take as many breaks as needed. I know your pain. Southeastern Alabama is pretty miserable this time of year as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking in this as well. It depends if your detailing outside or in a garage. For outside I would look at a tent / canopy of some kind. For inside I would look at fan(s). Always have plenty of fluids, or take a break and go to a local gas station and buy some. I've learned the hard way that its ok to take breaks, you don't have to work constantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes plenty of water! Between roofing and baling/putting hay in lofts its not a good time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude! My hat is off to you guys who do this for a living. I'm a hobbiest so I do it at night, in my garage, with two floors fans blowing. Here in San Antonio we're hitting over 100 during the day, it's 90 by noon, and still in the 90's in the evening. I do what I can from 6 - 9 PM. Even then I'm sweating up a storm. When I get done I strip in the garage and walk straight to the shower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SATracker View Post
    Dude! My hat is off to you guys who do this for a living. I'm a hobbiest so I do it at night, in my garage, with two floors fans blowing. Here in San Antonio we're hitting over 100 during the day, it's 90 by noon, and still in the 90's in the evening. I do what I can from 6 - 9 PM. Even then I'm sweating up a storm. When I get done I strip in the garage and walk straight to the shower.
    You're not kidding. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and decided to wash my moms car and man did I sweat!! I couldn't wait to get done with it. The one good thing about the heat in SA is that it actually helped me during the drying process. I was done drying the car in no time.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Thursday was the hottest day since 1942 here in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I personally have not detailed any cars in about a month, its to damn hot and humid for sure.

A good metal fan or 2 will help alot. Take breaks every 45 mins or so in front of the fan with an ice cold beverage of your choice. Then get back to it when you stop sweating and feel cooled down.

Post Thanks / Like

Up here in Ohio, we open the garage doors and let the cool Lake Erie breeze flow through.

My profession is painting and when it's hot, paint is sticky, along with a body that grows weary sooner. Plenty of fluids, balanced meals, lots of fruit will help you through an 80 degree day.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to put a portable A/C unit in my garage. But my house association would not let me cut a small vent hole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast