autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a superior alternative to Klasse SG ???

Considering that Klasse SG has been on the market for a while and with product technology evolving over time, is there a product out there that outperforms Klasse SG? Just wanting to get everyone's opinion on this. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a superior alternative to Klasse SG ???

Outperform ?? In what manner ??

KSG was rumored to originally have been designed by Carlack and an older formula. Used as a two step (AIO/SG) it is still quite the bulletproof combo and lasts for months with even the most basic of care.

I do find KSG finicky, but easily handled with the WOWO method while using a small spray bottle. I do find it a bit sterile and plastic looking, however any number of detail sprays or spray waxes add gloss and look immediately.

If you dont need the durability, and looking for something that is super slick and glossy try Four Star UPP ... add the Spray Wax as a booster for months of protection and good looks. Super easy to use too, its truly a hidden gem in car care but a pure sealant offering no polishing and no cleaners so proper prep is needed.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

By outperform, I meant the product's "bulletproofness" (longevity and durability of the product over x month's time). The only reason I asked what I asked is that I heard the Danase WG and UPGP offers a higher level of protection over a longer perod of time compared to the Klasse AIO/SG combo. This was briefly brought up in the Car Care & Detailing forum on NASIOC and I would like to know if there is any truth to it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Durability (length of protection) is very subjective on the end user, environment, and prep before LSP. Level of protection has never been fully developed or tested IMO and most sealants preform amirably as do waxes but each with their own unique traits.

For longevity the Klasse Twins, Zaino, and Collonite are often given alot of support from their users. Since most of us never get to the "fall off" point of any wax or sealant its a toss up, as usually a new bottle of this or that shows up or on the shelve and we are drawn to it far before the demise of the previous coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Z2 or collinite

Post Thanks / Like

Add Duragloss #105 to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Add Duragloss #105 to the list.
    agreed. i put one coat 105 and one coat 111 on the mother in laws vehicle and its still holding up after 10 months.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

How does the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant rank among these? It's a lot more user friendly than Klasse(easy on/off - no streaking)....but durability-wise I don't know. I've only used Klasse once and didn't like how hard it is to get right...it streaked like a mother for me. The Wolfgang was a pleasure to use compared to the "twins'!

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang lasts almost as long as SG. The newer 3.0 formula is surprisingly durable for such a good looking, easy-to-use sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Outperform ?? In what manner ??

KSG was rumored to originally have been designed by Carlack and an older formula. Used as a two step (AIO/SG) it is still quite the bulletproof combo and lasts for months with even the most basic of care.

I do find KSG finicky, but easily handled with the WOWO method while using a small spray bottle. I do find it a bit sterile and plastic looking, however any number of detail sprays or spray waxes add gloss and look immediately.

If you dont need the durability, and looking for something that is super slick and glossy try Four Star UPP ... add the Spray Wax as a booster for months of protection and good looks. Super easy to use too, its truly a hidden gem in car care but a pure sealant offering no polishing and no cleaners so proper prep is needed.
    I am sorry but what´s WOWO method you refer? I want to know how is the best way to apply KSG and always this term appears and don´t know how it is...sorry, but spanish is my mother tongue and is hard to follow you...Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast