autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

VW 07 black passat!!

hi everyone new to the the forum i have a few q's. about detailing a black vw passat last time i waxed the car i used mothers three step system it wasnt bad but not wat i was looking for. im going to try it again but to try some other stuff wat would u guys recomend. the car is pretty good shape a little bit of swirls but nutin major and one more thing im going to be waxing by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VW 07 black passat!!

menzerna SIP/nano. You can use poorboys black hole glaze if you want. Then for wax you have nattys blue which looks great on dark colored cars. You have pinnacle sig series II which is good for flake. then others that would look good is WGDGS 3, souveran,fuzion, and dodo juice. I have an 03 platinum grey jetta and I use nattys blue and have been happy witht the results

Post Thanks / Like

Be ready for a very hard clear. I have a 06 GTI and the clear is pretty hard. I also use SIP/Nano combo and has worked well for me but will be changing up the pads that I use coming this next detail. I use WGDGS and looks great on red but am going to try dodo orange crush and fuzion as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel21 View Post
    Be ready for a very hard clear. I have a 06 GTI and the clear is pretty hard. I also use SIP/Nano combo and has worked well for me but will be changing up the pads that I use coming this next detail. I use WGDGS and looks great on red but am going to try dodo orange crush and fuzion as well.

Hard clear...Yes! Just like the newer Benz cars. We have newer silver Mercedes and Menzerna SIP P083 comes in real handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend a Flex or atleast a PC, lots of pads, Meguiars M105 and M205, a good sealant and wax

Post Thanks / Like

Ah .... I too remember those days of the Mothers Three Step system. Paint cleanser, glaze, and wax. Who knew that polishing was a better choice and that a glaze only protected for a wash or two.

You have come to the right place, consider the help and start washing --claying ---polishing ---protecting that black beauty from the start.