autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeking Advice Please

I'm looking for my first Polisher. I'm thinking of the PC because it seems to be the best for someone that is just starting out. Should I wait till the New PC comes out?

Also what exterior care care products would you guys recommend for someone that is not experienced? I want something that goes on easy & comes off easy. Something that will produce a really wet look & shine. I would like to buy a nice kit or something with everything in there to maintain my own cars.

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seeking Advice Please

I'd wait for the new PC, if you want the PC. But, the flex is a better machine. They are both safe. The flex will produce results faster than the PC.

Megs and menzerna are the most used polishes on this forum. Both work well. I'm a little partial to the menzerna lineup. I started with it, and never had a reason to give it up.

As for LSP, wolfgang DGPS is outstanding. There are a ton of terrific paste waxes. From Colinite, pinnacle, wolfgang, megs, dodo and P21S. Most are wipe on wipe off products. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

The Flex dual-action polisher is definitely going to be a better machine than both the current and future Porter Cable, but it costs a lot more money too.

If you decide on the Porter Cable, I would wait for the new one to come out. If you are starting from scratch, you definitely want to start by cleaning the paint (after you have washed it).

Do this by applying Klasse AIO and then follow up with a Poorboy's product, such as Natty's Paste Wax (White for light color cars, Blue for dark color cars). Instead of starting with Klasse AIO, you can use Poorboy's Polish with Sealant.

As for polishing with the Porter Cable, you're going to have to invest in pads and one or two different polishes, such as from Menzerna or Poorboy's or Pinnacle XMT Series or whatever.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

I just had the car detailed & it came out great. Now I want to learn how to maintain it with the proper products. It's a Red G35 Coupe.

Post Thanks / Like

Which one would you guys recommend?
    Flex Power Tools
    Last edited by Meghan; 05-11-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the PC, UDM (I own), and the Flex 3401. All are good, but hold each one of these, use it. I will tell you that the Flex "FEELS" like it is an industrially made product. The others are lighter, and feel less beefy.

After using all, they all work, do the job, and you will enjoy each. The Flex will work harder then the others, cover more area faster, and will finish the paint faster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteGT View Post
    Which one would you guys recommend?
    Flex Power Tools

Flex 3401 by far!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Which package would you guys recommend for a newb? I want something that works easy but produces that really wet shine type of look.
    Flex Power Tools, Flex car polishers and buffers, circular polisher, dual action polisher, buffer, german car buffer, german car polisher, flex buffer

Post Thanks / Like

Either the Wolfgang or Pinnacle package would work just fine. The only difference is the Wolfgang uses a paint sealant (WG deep gloss sealant) which would last long then Pinnacles Liquid Souverän wax. Both look great on any color car and both kits come with everything you need to get the job done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast