autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss...what is they hype about? OPINIONS???

You really need to get a machine and not the orbital buffer from Sears. Working by hand with the paint you're describing, sounds almost impossible to do by hand. You do have good products though!

Post Thanks / Like

magnum, you must be doing something weird. Applying a coat of wax to your car should not install new swirl marks. When applying the Swirl Mark Remover, you probably have to work it into the surface in circles, and then buff it off. But when applying the Polish Bonding Agent and the Total Performance Polish, you have to apply it in straight lines.

Make sure you are using a different applicator pad for each product and that the applicator pads are completely fresh and clean. Also make sure that you are completely buffing off all of the Swirl Mark Remover before moving onto the next product.

Finally, I know this sounds stupid, but please tell me that you thoroughly WASHED the vehicle before trying any of this stuff. In your original post, you said you haven't washed or waxed the vehicle in about a year but you never stated if you washed the vehicle before using any of the Duragloss products.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

something I have not seen mentioned in the many replies to your problem is that you are dealing with a sealant. In most cases with very well prepared car a sealant will do just fine with giving gloss and depth. In your situation I would recommend a topper of a decent OTC wax. Most sealants do not have fillers to mask any minor imperfections, as where some (if not most imo) wax's have fillers to help finish off the process. You could be getting your great results with your old tw wax because of the fillers that it has. All of that is just an opinion, I do read alot through various forums, and that is my best analysis of your problem.
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing
    Making the city shine, one car at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't prep the car, so even a high $ wax on a non-prepped paint won't look any different then otc crap. You need to clean well with a quality wash, clay, machine polish probably in multiple steps to finish down going by how bad you said the paint is, use Klasse AIO... then go from there with the Duragloss products.

I have a ton of products and some high $ waxes, and the only things I use now are 105 and AW, mainly for the speed with AW as I don't have much time to detail, but that combo right there looks top notch, and one of my vehicles is white too.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

The main issue is the prep. Heavy Oxidation is almost impossible to be removed by hand and with using a swirl remover you would probably need Tommy john surgery afterwards. If you are not claying you will not get an exceptional finish like explained earlier. If you can only do it by hand you need to do small areas and put in the steps required, Compound, polish, maybe light finishing polish. Wipe down or wash between steps. Remember just enough product to do the small area less is more.. Then protect with sealer and then topper wax if you want. You need to be using new applicator pads for each step and then clean and bag with the pads name listed for future use. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I did get micromarring/swirls using 501. Used with a PC, still trying to figure out what happened. Reapplied polish, used 501 by hand, followed by 105. Car looks GREAT!! Prep is key...

Topped the 105 with AW and it is fantastic looking and super slick.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm..resurrected old thread. Interesting to see who was around 3 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Still not impressed with 105 three years later. Sorry richey!! Track claw is super slick though.

opie_7afe

Holy old post batman!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to try track claw....I am, however, very impressed with 105. I used it when it first came out and loved it. Used it again this weekend and loved it still. Mixed with 601 it cure quick and is super slick right off the bat. Topped with AW it left my white car looking VERY nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast