autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DG 501 Cure Time?

Been detailing a few cars lately using the DG line. I have been using the Pinnacle Pre-Cleaner lotion instead of the DG 501, which I would rather use, because of the DG 501 cure time. Does the DG 501 HAVE to cure or could I go right to the 601 and 105?? I'd obviously let the 105 cure but was wondering if the 501 could be topped right after application? When detailing customer cars I want it to be a one shot deal. Not coming back the next day for a cure time. Will this work or will I mess up the process? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DG 501 Cure Time?

Were it my car/customer I would apply & remove the 501, then apply the 601, and apply 105. Leave the 105 for a 1/2 hour or so and remove it. The result will speak for itself. Although the Holy Grail is to wait 12 to 24 hours I have used Aquawax one hour after removal of the 105 and it looked like a million bucks. Not cutting corners but offering the best look and longevity possible in a the short time frame alloted for most jobs. It works for me and is long lasting........to each his own on the way they prefer to do it.
    Last edited by RTexasF; 05-01-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Low..you can do it ..use the 501 to clean then do 601/105 combo......

but what most people do not know is 501 is a sealant also...it does look super when cured..it is as durable as 105...but has a bit more UV protection and its super slick when cured....

works great as a wheel sealant also...repels dust real nice...

DO NOT estimate the powers of 501....it has gone thru a wild winter here and still holding its own on a friends 2009 CTS..

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Al-53 View Post

but what most people do not know is 501 is a sealant also...it does look super when cured..it is as durable as 105...but has a bit more UV protection and its super slick when cured....

DO NOT estimate the powers of 501....it has gone thru a wild winter here and still holding its own on a friends 2009 CTS..

Al
    Then what in the heck am I doing messing with the 601 and 105?
    Seems like I should be using the 501 and just the 501.
    Just as durable, super slick, more UV protection sounds like a clear winner.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Post Thanks / Like

Charles..if you lok back at some of my posts and Sparkies...we both said it is a super product....501 is more of a brillant look where as 105 has a bit softer look as it has a resin in it also to mimic a waxed look...

here is 501 alone.....this gets better over night also..the picture does it no justice..little to much light

here is a next day one I found.....little better

Al

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Al-53;230369]Charles..if you lok back at some of my posts and Sparkies...we both said it is a super product....501 is more of a brillant look where as 105 has a bit softer look as it has a resin in it also to mimic a waxed look...

here is 501 alone.....this gets better over night also..the picture does it no justice..little to much light

Al, there is one small problem, not everyone can make their paint look as good as your's. End results takes skill and you have it. Not trying to pat you on your back, but just stating a fact. Yeah, I am patting you on your back for doing good work. Your private R&D department is bar none.

Post Thanks / Like

Rsurfer...

to be very honest here...that paint was not polished at all....it has more swirls in it than fudge ripple if you looked close...lol...I just wanted to try the 501 for the first time....that was after a whole winter and a late spring spruce up....

I am not much of a swirl chaser on my truck any more....to much work for me....bones are old ..I just get it shiny and say its good.....

I like testing more than polishing....lol...then spread the word...

between my back and Lyme disease..its hard to do a full paint correction now....

I am teaching my son to do the bull work now....but not on my truck...

most people here do not want to pay 10hours labor to do paint correction...so i just make it look good for them....

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Al
    I did my wifes silver 2004 Kia Sedona last November with 501 , and other then a couple of AW and 1 UQW the van still beads very well and has a great look.The van got a lot of automatic car washes and a few onr washes. I am impresed with 501.

Post Thanks / Like

How true Al, the average guy/gal don't even know what a swirl looks like. If it's clean and shinney that is all that matters to them. I guess a lot of AutoGeeks are just too anal about their cars. If your son follows your foot steps, he'll be a great detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Charles..if you lok back at some of my posts and Sparkies...we both said it is a super product....501 is more of a brillant look where as 105 has a bit softer look as it has a resin in it also to mimic a waxed look...

Al
    I think I could live with that.
    You said you didn't do any polishing prior to this application, right?
    Just applied and removed the DG501.
    Did you hand apply it or use a PC?
    I have only used 501 with a PC and always followed it with whatever LSP I was using at that time. It is an excellent cleaner/prep and appears to be a worthwhile AIO one step.

One reason I am curious if you got those results with hand application is that I have a friend that has no garage or good place to polish/wax his vehicle. I could meet him anywhere we could find some shade and hand apply some #501. Once he saw how easy it was, he might do it himself sometime.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast