autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Premium Surface Shield Paint Sealant and car covers

I've been really happy with the Klasse All-In-One, what a super product. Not only is it great for my new Mini Cooper S but I've been using it on our chrome shower fixtures and the stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. It is truly an all in one product.

I've been thinking about using the DP Premium Surface Shield Paint Sealant on top of the AIO but I just read Killrwheels' comment so I'm going to buy some:

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    your gonna like the DP Sealant alone. Nice gloss and reflection. Keep it up between waxings with Quikshine or Poorboys Shine/Gloss. Great compliments.

I then read the product description and it mentions that I need to be sure that no water touches the car for at least 12 hours.

Question: Can I put my car cover over the car during the cure time?

Getting 12 hours of dry time in Sarasota, Florida is going to be a problem if not impossible.

Thanks,

S>

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your car cover block water completely? If so then it shouldn't be a problem. As long as your vehicle stays dry during the 30-45 minutes during cross linking process you should be okay. If it should get wet before the 12 hours is up, you may lose some durability, but you can always apply a second coat also. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for the post I did on Ernie .... we did his truck with the new DP Sealant. He was very impressed with the gloss and reflection. Very similar look to the new Pro line from Zaino. Unfortunately his got wet also, we just wiped it off and will do a second coat this weekend. We found it a little dusty, but allowed to sit on paint for 30 minutes and wipe off was a breeze.

As for the car cover, it should not present much of an issue. Oxygen still moves in and around the cover and appears to be the ingredient the catalyst needs to be exposed to in order to dry properly.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for your replys.

I just placed an order with AG and am getting the DP Sealant.

Since I work on the car early in the morning I'll pick a day when no rain is expected until afternoon. I'll leave the cover off and if it looks like rain in the afternoon I'll put it on.

If it doesn't rain I'll buff off in the evening, if it's raining I'll wait until morning and then apply another coat.

Thanks again!

S>