autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Product Review: Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is being called 'enthusiat grade" for a good reason. It's a finer clay composition, making it perfect for perfect finish crazy people like us.

I recently did a test on my car to see if it needs to be clayed. For the most part it didn't (I clayed it a month ago). But right rear quarter felt like there was a ton of those tiny little contaminents.

So I put ultra poly clay to work. I liberally sprayed that area with Pinnacle clay lubricant(this stuff is awesome !), flattened clay bar, then sprayed clay bar with clay lube and put it to work.

I must admit I love it! This clay bar really does what it is designed for. I also clayed all of my windows, then applied Klasse AIO on them.

Although Pinnacle claims that Ultra Poly Clay will not remove wax, I still like a fresh coat of Souveran on my car after claying. It only take a minute or two to do it.

Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay is highly recommended wheather you are a beginer or been car crazy for years. Pair it up with Pinnacle clay lube and you will know what a silky smooth finish feels like!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love mine too! I use it once a month to maintain a contaminant free finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    My other clay bar started to decompose, so I trashed it and gave Ultra poly clay a try. I guess you can never go wrong with Pinnacle.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never gone wrong with Pinnacle. I love everything from them I've ever tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the Pinnacle Clay.
    Pinnacle line never lets anyone down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    My other clay bar started to decompose, so I trashed it and gave Ultra poly clay a try. I guess you can never go wrong with Pinnacle.
    My regular Pinnacle clay (Yellow bar) kept sticking to my hands this weekend. The first bar I used did not seem to have any such issue, but alas I dropped the bar and had to toss it. I was using the Pinnacle lub that came in the kit, but I could not keep it from sticking to my hands. Fortunately it did not stick at all to the vehicle.

Any suggestions on what could have been the issue? Certainly my hands were clean from just washing and drying the vehicle. The vehicle was in the garage where I finished drying and took a short break before starting with the clay. Paint was cool to the touch, and really was never warm as NE Ohio doesn't get too hot in October as a rule.

Last edited by BlueRacer; 10-11-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Ultra Clay (Green also) and use it about every 4 weeks. I dont find it strong enough for the first claying however, and suggest to anyone that you will also need the regular Pinnacle, or Wolfgang clay for every six months.

Blueray, I too had some older Pinnacle Clay (yellow) that fell apart and got very stringy. I discussed with Jason at length as other 3 bars did not do so. I turned out I started using some soap from another vendor when the clay fluid ran out, and it appears did not provide compatibility. Lesson learned, keep clay spray on hand. ( I buy the big DP version now).

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    i read on some other board that i dont frequent but stopped in, that the polyclay or whatever was falling apart and was stringy. ive never tried this stuff because i dont have enough time to clay all the time but was wondering if thats just a clay/lube compatibility thing like scott mentioned?