autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PC cant correct?

Ok, so since I orderd my. PC I have been reading a lot on here and other forums that the PC will not correct swrils on all vehicels. Is this true? I just got this thing and am afraid its useless. I went ahead and got the 5.5in pads along with some optimum polish, OC, XMT2 and M205. Did I just waste my money? I really need to fix my Lincoln ls. Is this possable with these products? How would you use these? Thank you for all replys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC cant correct?

The PC used correctly is a great machine. It may have some problems removing deeper swirls or RIDS in hard clears. You should be fine using the PC with your LS. I have not used any of the polishes you have listed. I just got my 205 but yet to use it. The PC works well with Meguiars 105, 83 and 80, Menzerna SIP and 106ff, Prima Swirl and FInish, I am sure there are many more but these are what I have used

Post Thanks / Like

The PC works for corrections. You need to use the right polishes with the PC. Granted, the flex works better. But, the PC can do correction, it just takes a little longer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest getting M105. I've acheived decent correction on harder GM black clear with 1 and 2 passes with M105. I've never used OC or XMT.

Post Thanks / Like

who ever told you that you cant correct paint with a pc is an idiot and doesnt know what they are talking about...watch some of the how to videos on autogeek and you will see how well a pc can correct paint...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    The PC works for corrections. You need to use the right polishes with the PC. Granted, the flex works better. But, the PC can do correction, it just takes a little longer.
    Exactly. I've done some decent corrections with the PC. It bascially comes down to using the correct polish coupled with the correct pad at the correct speed with the right technique. I use Menzerna, Meguiars, XMT360 and others and I've always found that achieving what you need is a blend of several things - all of the previously mentioned items mated to the specifics of the car's paint. For me, each detail is a fun game of "find what works"...

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is ready to see the Kevin Brown method in writing as it may prove once and for all the PC can indeed correct. Most of us believe it can with previous polishes like Megs DACP and Menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx a lot guys! My mind is at ease now. So no one has expereance with the polishes I mentioned with the PC?

Post Thanks / Like

The pc will do correction, not as well as a rotary or finish as well as a rotary but will make a difference for sure. I would get some M105, it works very well with the pc. The M205 also works well with the pc and so do the Menzerna products. With M105, different pads and pressure you can achieve very good results then follow up with M205 or a different type of finishing polish for a better final finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    The pc will do correction, not as well as a rotary or finish as well as a rotary but will make a difference for sure. I would get some M105, it works very well with the pc. The M205 also works well with the pc and so do the Menzerna products. With M105, different pads and pressure you can achieve very good results then follow up with M205 or a different type of finishing polish for a better final finish.
    Good advice. I would add, get some 4" pads for heavy correction and 5.5" pads for lighter correction. The 6.5" pads won't do squat unless you want to spend 2 day's on your hood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast