autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Fleet Detailing/Washing Questions

Hey guys..

I got my first big call a couple weeks ago for "Fleet Detailing and Washing". I have a couple questions in regards to product use, attention to detail, and pricing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

First off, him (owner of Jon Wayne Heating/AC) and I have talked about what exactly he would like done. He has very nice fleet vehicles, all of them new and up to date including: Large Pick-ups, Vans, and Commercial size Vans (about the size of the medium size U-Haul Truck, not as tall though). The vehicles don't have the cheep gray wheels, they are actually the polished aluminum wheels.

Second off, now that you know what kind of vehicles they are and what the owner expects. I will tell you exactly what the Fleet details I have made up include and what the price is. Fleet Detail includes: Quick Wash, Dry, Wheels, Tires, Quick vacuum, and dust interior with MF towel. For the Pick-ups, and Vans price is $30 (takes me about 30-45 mins0, for the larger diesel vans cost is $40 (takes me a little less then an hour).

Third is I am curious as to how you would perform the wash from a detailers stand point seeing is this is a fleet wash, and is meant to get vehicles clean and perky for curb appearance.

Last, what kind of products would you choose to use for a fleet over your normal high-end detail. I do High-end detailing and use all high-end products, but I am not quite sure what to go ahead and purchase for this situation.

I will post pics of the vehicles soon.

Thanks,
    Nick Schycker

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fleet Detailing/Washing Questions

For that type of job, i would use Meguiars gold class (exterior), Poorboys spray and wipe (wheels and exterior), and Black magic tire wet (tires). Two out of three can be purchased OTC.

Post Thanks / Like

definitely get a gilmour gun and maybe some of the megs car shampoos from the detailer line, its pretty cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Either go with the Meg's line since they cover a lot of that stuff OTC, or even do the trucks with some ONR to give them a little pop.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the Meguiars products you can by in the larger jugs like the shampoo, APC, super degreaser, and silicone free dressing. I am currently using the shampoo and it does a great job. For the tires I am using some black magic (oil based) and spraying it on let it sit for 30 secs, then spreading with an applicator and seems to do well.