autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

need advice on a PC kit

Upon getting my tax return I will finally be able to get me a pc. Any advice on which kit to get? I was thinking about the Menz 5.5 pad kit, or the WG twins or the pinn twins kits. Maybe the optimum kit? I'm lost please help. I will be using it on the Lincoln that is in my avitar.

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: need advice on a PC kit

Menz kit is a great kit...I recommend that one.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

everyone here is going to push the menzerna kit....if your just doing your car and maybe a friends car, i would get the pinnical twins or one of the others that doesnt cost you an arm and a leg for the product....

if you have never used the pc, anything you use will give you fantastic results over anything you have done by hand....so dont feel like you have to shell out an extra 100+ bucks to get good results....

Super Member Joshs2013MSAltimaSL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go with the Menzerna kit. Everyone on here recommends it...there's probably a reason for it. We promise you won't be disappointed.
    Be sure to check out http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-everyone.html. All pictures are welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post
    everyone here is going to push the menzerna kit....if your just doing your car and maybe a friends car, i would get the pinnical twins or one of the others that doesnt cost you an arm and a leg for the product....

if you have never used the pc, anything you use will give you fantastic results over anything you have done by hand....so dont feel like you have to shell out an extra 100+ bucks to get good results....
    What is wrong with spending a little more to get a better product and it comes with enough product to outlast what you get with the other kits. You seem a little bitter for no reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_detail View Post
    Upon getting my tax return I will finally be able to get me a pc. Any advice on which kit to get? I was thinking about the Menz 5.5 pad kit, or the WG twins or the pinn twins kits. Maybe the optimum kit? I'm lost please help. I will be using it on the Lincoln that is in my avitar.
    Well i learned one thing the hard way when it came to buying myself a garage full of products.How bad the paint is that your trying to repair and also if your doing this for yourself or a part time job.I went and bought a Porter Cable and some of the xmt products bunch of Lc pads even the Klasse kit .And bunch of other stuff also.I all ready own a rotary buffer and thought i would use my new porter cable more then i thought not the case.My main new car is a corvette found out that the clear coat is a ceramic clear coat .I used the porter cable tried the pads i bought orange/white/black and still didn't look the way i wanted.I ended up buying the Menzerma products just for the vette thought i would use the other xmt for my other two cars.and the Klasse kit at this point i'am staying with the menz for my cars and using the other products on freinds cars.So before you shell out that hard earn money ask around here what you are trying to accomblish and go from there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post

I ended up shelling out the extra bucks after reading all the forums how well xmt products are and Klasse products .I ended up with the Menz products since the ones didn't give me the results i wanted it.I still use the pinnical and the klasse but the menz worked alot better in my case . Spending money on detailing surplies isn't easy not at these prices and the way work it is right now and i only detail as a hobby but if a more $$$ product will cover all areas of repair why not just buy that one .One time investment it alot easier then have to shell out for three different ones that your not happy with .Just me newbie two cents

Post Thanks / Like

The kit I showed you has the 2 most used polishes(SIP/106FA). I think it is one of the better combos IMO. In keeping a opened mind of other products, megs 105/205 I hear are pretty good. Just grab a couple gray pads and maybe a bottle of menz 85RD. With the SIP/106/85 your car would look great. Ask ASPHALT! I believe he uses all 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I would get a kit with the Edge 2000 pads, I had the LC and much prefer the Edge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast