autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: suggest me a good foam gun

Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail View Post
    One has brass fittings and a slide ratio adustment, the other is plastic and has a dial, they are both adjustable, so I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't thing they make one that is NOT adjustable.
    They do, I bought one for my father-in-law that is brass but no slider bar to adjust, it's a fixed ratio. It's also Gilmour, but I believe it was a very old model. I got it about 1/2 price of what I paid for mine that does have the slider bar, and the instruction booklet inside was very brown and curled (indicating it sat on a shelf for years).

Still serves the same purpose, just gotta manage the ratio via the concentrate in the canister.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kayi078 View Post
    |

thanks,very informative.also is Bon-Aire Original Ultimate Hose Nozzle (Aluminum) helps to create a thick foam??? i saw it on amazon with conjunction of the foam gun and it has a good review, is it really works???
    Never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brace1 View Post
    They do, I bought one for my father-in-law that is brass but no slider bar to adjust, it's a fixed ratio. It's also Gilmour, but I believe it was a very old model. I got it about 1/2 price of what I paid for mine that does have the slider bar, and the instruction booklet inside was very brown and curled (indicating it sat on a shelf for years).

Still serves the same purpose, just gotta manage the ratio via the concentrate in the canister.
    Must have been really old, I bought a Simple Green version for my quick lube about 12 years ago and it had the slide.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: suggest me a good foam gun

At Lowes a karcher 1500 psi for $ 89.00 as of today... call and ask for inside seasonal for them to check before you make a trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carguy View Post
    At Lowes a karcher 1500 psi for $ 89.00 as of today... call and ask for inside seasonal for them to check before you make a trip...
    Do the Karcher's attach to the Cam Sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the Foamer:
    Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment

Here's the bayonet and adapter:
    Karcher Adapter A
    Coupler, Twist 22mm x 22mm

Karcher make one that performs about like the Gilmour does on the hose. It's only $20, but it's nothing like the the CamSpray. I have the Gilmour, the Karcher, and the CamSpray. I would advise not trying to save a few bucks and just get the setup above.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read all the posts in this thread, mainly the original post. But I would just like to say that even the Wolfgang Foam Gun with a foamy car wash soap (such as DP Xtreme Foam Formula) hooked up to a regular garden hose will turn your car into a snowball of foam !!!
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail View Post
    Here's the Foamer:
    Cam Spray 527100 - Foamer Attachment

Here's the bayonet and adapter:
    Karcher Adapter A
    Coupler, Twist 22mm x 22mm

Karcher make one that performs about like the Gilmour does on the hose. It's only $20, but it's nothing like the the CamSpray. I have the Gilmour, the Karcher, and the CamSpray. I would advise not trying to save a few bucks and just get the setup above.
    So if someone where to get the Karcher Adapter A (2nd link) and the Coupler, Twist 22mm X 22mm (3rd link), the Cam Spray (1st link) would work with this Karcher Pressure Washer K rcher at Lowe's: 1500 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

Is 1500 psi at 1.3 gallons per minute enough pressure and water to make effective foam?

One of my biggest concerns in buying a pressure washer is that it will not be compatible with a Cam Sprayer. I really like this Troy Bilt pressure washer but I have no idea if it will fit the cam sprayer.
    Troy-Bilt at Lowe's: 2550 PSI / 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
    Last edited by Bert31; 12-19-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So if someone where to get the Karcher Adapter A (2nd link) and the Coupler, Twist 22mm X 22mm (3rd link), the Cam Spray (1st link) would work with this Karcher Pressure Washer K rcher at Lowe's: 1500 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

Is 1500 psi at 1.3 gallons per minute enough pressure and water to make effective foam?

YES

One of my biggest concerns in buying a pressure washer is that it will not be compatible with a Cam Sprayer. I really like this Troy Bilt pressure washer but I have no idea if it will fit the cam sprayer.
    Troy-Bilt at Lowe's: 2550 PSI / 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer

Call the guys at pressureparts.com and tell them you need to connect a 22mm, male threaded tool to a TroyBuilt and see if they have one. The CamSpray comes with a quick connect coupler that may be the same size as the quick connect for th interchangeable tips. If so, you don't need any adapter.Even if you had to buy a new wand, there IS a way to connect it. I had already done the research on the Karcher because that's what i have. You could search the forum and see if anyone has already done a TroyBuilt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread, mainly the original post. But I would just like to say that even the Wolfgang Foam Gun with a foamy car wash soap (such as DP Xtreme Foam Formula) hooked up to a regular garden hose will turn your car into a snowball of foam !!!
    lol really? people in here not saying that works as i perfer , at least the foam wont stick on the paint

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast