autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bissell Little Green... Worth the money?

I finally have the money to get a Bissell little green, but wanted to know if it was worth it. I've read some good reviews on here and other sites, but want to make sure it's as good as people say. Also what solution do you use with it? I understand most do a pre-treat for heavily soiled areas and then run the Bissell over that to extract, but do you just use the BLGM formula or something else?
    2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
    Buschur TBE, Apex'i intake, Hallman Pro RX MBC, Evo 9 and Forge DV's, Swift Sport Machs, FP Green, ETS 3.5 FMIC and piping, Megan coated mani, Megan O2 housing,injectors, Walbro 255, HKS 272's, ARP headstuds, and Cosworth headgasket

381 AWHP, 91 octane and 25psi

272 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 312AWHP DynoJet) 93 oct
    252 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 292AWHP Dynojet) 91 oct
    ^^^Old numbers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bissell Little Green... Worth the money?

i have it its great! you can use anykind of cleaning solution really .. i have the heated one..
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one, and would never want to do another interior without it. I just use regular water in the tank for extraction. To clean the carpets I use either Qxyclean or Meg's APC+ by hand, then use the LGM to extract it until only clean water is being pulled up.

Post Thanks / Like

I just run mine with clear water to extract. All of the cleaning solution I put down with a spray bottle. I feel this system gives me a lot more control over how much I put down. You don't want to get the felt padding too wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money and your time. Stick to a shop vac and some carpet cleaner and a carpet brush, you'll get the same results.

Post Thanks / Like

Had one a few years ago. The plastic attachment just didn't hold up. Don't waste your money.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a smaller Dayton shop vac that has the 2 1/4" hose and small nozzle.

Spray down the carpets, agitate with a brush, then wet a little more with water, give it some time, then suck it up!

Honestly, I pull a good bit of water and dirt out, and it dries the carpet more than a LGM.

Then I get out my big daddy Shop Vac, vac the carpet, then flip the nozzle and blow it dry!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

dont bother

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I just run mine with clear water to extract. All of the cleaning solution I put down with a spray bottle. I feel this system gives me a lot more control over how much I put down. You don't want to get the felt padding too wet.
    I agree. I use Folex and water to clean carpets usually. First I vacuum with a shop vac. Next I spray down the carpets with water and then Folex. Scrub where needed. Next, I use a LGCM to spray some more water and to extract the carpet. I main benefit that the LGCM has over shop vacs is that you can see when you are extracting clean water. Even though the surface of the carpet looks clean, deep down it is still dirty and if there is any soap solution left, it'll just attract even more dirt later on down the road. I'm not so sure that the ones who solely use a shop vac are properly extracting all of the dirt, shampoo, and other solutions out of the carpet. IMO, the LGCM is a step above the shop vac treatment (which is a step above the vaccum and blot treatment) but isn't close to an actual extractor. If you do a lot of interiors, it would be beneficial to invest in a true extracter, whether it is portable or a large unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Bissell Little Green... Worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    I agree. I use Folex and water to clean carpets usually. First I vacuum with a shop vac. Next I spray down the carpets with water and then Folex. Scrub where needed. Next, I use a LGCM to spray some more water and to extract the carpet. I main benefit that the LGCM has over shop vacs is that you can see when you are extracting clean water. Even though the surface of the carpet looks clean, deep down it is still dirty and if there is any soap solution left, it'll just attract even more dirt later on down the road. I'm not so sure that the ones who solely use a shop vac are properly extracting all of the dirt, shampoo, and other solutions out of the carpet. IMO, the LGCM is a step above the shop vac treatment (which is a step above the vaccum and blot treatment) but isn't close to an actual extractor. If you do a lot of interiors, it would be beneficial to invest in a true extracter, whether it is portable or a large unit.

I agree with what he says, I use on and love it, spray the problem areas then agiate with a brush, then us the lbgm to extract it up and done, never had a problem yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast