autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I need major help with my game plan

Ok You all have helped me so much so far, but I still need more! Sorry! My car is a 2008 Tiburon, redfire pearl, it has minor spiderwebbing, that is the only fault I can find. I am going to purchase a pc and want to make sure I get the correct pads, polish, etc. I think the menerza polish and wolfgang sealant sound best to me, but I don't know which menerza polish to get for minor webs. I do have here PWS and EX and Klasse AIO and Meguires polish, have used all by hand, but still spiderwebs, use 2 bucket wash system, with microfiber mit, so am hoping pc will help. I am really paranoid about messing up! I wish I knew a detailer to come and help me for the first time. haha! Anyways, I have several coats of wax on her now, p21s and sig series, will the polish take off all the wax? or do I need to do something else first before polish to get rid of that stuff? I am going to go nuts if I don't get rid of the webs. I want my car to look the best it can be and everyone seems to think the menerza is best, so please can someone help me so I order the right products? Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need major help with my game plan

I would wash with P21s TAW to get off all the wax
    Clay if needed
    Choose a test area and try least aggressive pad/polish combo and work up, once you find the right combo polish the car
    apply your wax

I would suggest either the 4" or 5.5" pads in black, green, white and orange.
    For polish Menzerna SIP, Power Finish and Final Polish II or Meguiars M83 and M80

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sal, but you didn't mention anything about the wolfgang paint sealant, should I not use the sealant? Just wax after polish?

Post Thanks / Like

After the polish
    Use the sealant
    Or
    You would use the carnauba wax

I myself like sealants because they last longer. I recently have been using a carnauba ontop of the sealant. But that is optional
    Last edited by sal329; 10-02-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sal I have looked over all the Menzerna products that you told me about, I like the final polish best, it sounds like it should get out my minor spiderwebbing, the sip and powerfinish sound like they may be too strong? Also checked out the xmt360...what do you think about that? Let me know please as that sounded good also. And I will definately need to order a 5' backing plate for the pc right?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah Sal, one more thing....haha! Will the sealant make a nice difference? I also want to put wax over it either way, wax will be my last step. I love to wax my car, so am wondering if I just wax after the polish will it be as nice as sealant and then wax?

Post Thanks / Like

If the paint on your Tiburon is on the softer side then Final Polish maybe all you need. But if it is a medium to hard I would pick up atleast some power finish. You can look into Meguiars #83 and #80, they are great and cheaper then Menz. I never used XMT 360. I really like Meguiars D151. You will need to get the the 5" backing plate to use with the 5.5" pads. If you are buying new pads and backing plate look into using the 4" pads. Since receiving mine I have not used my 5.5" pads at all.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok if get 4' pads, do I need to get another backing plate other than the 5'? And I do not know if my paint is soft? Come on I am a girl! How can I tell? and since I am just ordering my first ever pc, I don't want to get to crazy, I am very experienced with hand wax, wash, but no machine yet. I will check out the Megs, but like I said the car looks great now, just that the faint webs I see must go!

Post Thanks / Like

The PC and polishes are a nice choice. Menzerna IP and FP will likely be all thats needed for your paint. The Wolfgang Sealant is super easy to use, remove, and is quite glossy looking. I would only add the spray detailer to order (and maybe a couple MF towels) to keep the finish up between detailing. And dont worry, polishing with machine will remove all those old waxes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Killrwheels I have plenty of mf towels and qd, just having the polishing and pc issues, haha! I think I will go with the wolfgang sealant, the look I want is wet. Took her to the dealer to have the oil changed yesterday and the guys all came over to look in awe at her! Even the service manager said his vette doesn't look that good and he thought he took care of it! And he keeps it in the garage! Doesn't anyone see these webs but me? Duh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast