autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pits in paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Pits in paint?

Hey guys,

Well after detailing my car today, after it being under a cover in storage for quite a while I really started to notice stuff in the paint. At first I saw what I thought would be orange peel(not 100% sure what that is either though), but after a closer look I saw that it looked like a bunch of pits everywhere in the paint. I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Just wondering if any one has seen anything like this. All the pictures I have seen of orange peel looks a lot more bubbly then what I have. Like I said it seems to be pits, so instead of bubbling out, it is just the opposite and pitting in..

Thanks for any input..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pits in paint?

If the so called pits are at the front of the care usually near the front bumper then i would assume the pits care caused by flying particles and rocks and pebbles. But also if you ever drove behind a 18wheeler then it could be caused by the dirt and rocks they carry and it flies off the back trailer and ends up hitting your paint and causing a indent.

From what i know you can sand them down and fill them in with touch up paint and then polish it smooth or just deal with it. A way to prevent situations where rocks chip and causes dents on your car is to have a clear bra installed pricey but i think it would be totally worth it for those who really have a passion for taking care of their cars.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong. The pictures can help so we can assess what exactly you trying to ask here but those are just what my opinion on what your have stated out in your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pits in paint?

It is quite a bit worse on the front bumper, but it is also covering the whole car pretty much. I will try to take a few pics today that will hopefully show it well. I have been looking into the clear bra option lately though. Thanks for the advice.