autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Random Questions.....

• If you spent a better part of the weekend cleaning every inch of your car, then decide to go out to see a movie and about 7 ˝ minutes from your house a torrential downpour hits. What would you do in this case where you want the car to look good next day after putting in all that time and effort, but you don’t want any additional swirls?
      • Wipe it down using PB Spray and Wipe.
      • Wipe it down using ONR
      • Wipe it down using a QDer
      • Wipe it down with _________(you fill in the blank)
      • Leave it along, rewash next day

• I like using ARO on my tires every other wash. Just want to make sure this stuff won’t harm some new wheels I am getting this weekend. Also, what have you found to be a good, mild cleaner for wheels and what have you found to work well to protect them?

• Menzerna – this is such a popular product line I doubt each and every one of you are lucky enough to use it on a shady day or in a garage all the time. What have you done to use this weather sensitive product on the day you want to use it and not have to review the monthly weather reports in hope of a shady weekend?

Car odor – not smoking or old food but just the basic odors that develop over
    time from your clothes or body. Have you found a cost effective way to do this?
    Right now best products I have on-hand are Folex, DP Interior Cleaner and DP
    APC will any one of these work if I rub down the seats with a towel once or twice
    a month? Or is there something better? BTW - I really dislike those ordor
    eliminator sprays, I feel they just put a band-aid on the problem. But since I have
    it, I do use Valuguard, which has a slight chlorine smell. Works okay, if you like
    chlorine.

Thanks,
    Howard
    Last edited by YankeeFan; 07-23-2008 at 06:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random Questions.....

I carry and "emergency" kit in my car. Along with a big big microfiber towel to dry after rain...I have noticed if you catch it early enough you car will look fine after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

After any rain I drive the car a lil bit all the water comes right off then I use a QD on it. If for some reason I can not dry it I will use a QD as I dry with a drying towel. If it rains over night I wake up in the mornin pull the car in the garage let it cool off a lil then use a QD.
    I clean the interior of my cars with Meg #40 and it leaves behind a clean smell.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Wait for Rewash ... could have industrial fallout, ie. acid rain or other contaminents on paint

2. I use P21S Wheel Cleanser, ARO seems harsher to me. I would only use either on completely cool wheels.

3. I use Menzerna in garage with Florida high heat and humidity without issue, would not use in direct sunlight

4. Febreeze or Duragloss Odor Remover ??

Post Thanks / Like

^^like killr just wait for rewash. If I pull into my garage after a hard rain it's one of the few time I'll use the water blade on windows only.

Post Thanks / Like

leave it alone then use onr

Post Thanks / Like

My first choice is leave it alone and then wash with ONR. Second choice which I've done several times is wipe it down gently with an MF and ONR spray mix or S&W and then a QD. I'd also use the ONR spray mix or S&W on the glass, wheels, and tires. Use a shop paper towel for the tires. I mix the ONR slightly stronger than the recommended strength for a QD and it works well as an S&W. DG's Absorb works pretty good for odors.

Post Thanks / Like

for the first time today i had water spots that onr could not remove. vehicle sat outside got rained on then baked dry. gonna have to rewash. if that doesn't work would an ipa wipedown work?

Post Thanks / Like

I've not had luck with IPA on water spots. The spots (mineral deposits) need to be broken down. A mild vinegar/water solution (30% vinegar to 70% distilled )might dissolve them. DG makes a water spot remover.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had much luck using DG Water Spot Remover doing much special on older spots but not much more that could not be done with a detailer. I am sure it depends on water, etc.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast