autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Help with picking product

Hey everyone, can you guys help me pick the best product, i want to buy in bulk... and dont want to make a mistake heres what i need

-a polishing kit with rotory polisher, i was looking at the Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit 3.0

-a tire dressing that would leave tires very wet looking but wont attract dust or maybe not wet something else recommend please...

-also i need a interior quick detailer, i want it to have a dullish look with a really thin shine film on top i dont want anything like turtule wax or crap like that that makes the dashboard shiiine i want it to look dull with a thin layer im using right now mr.kleen-up black quick detailer and it does the job works great but running out and want something new in bulk..

-i also need black trim restourer i was thinking BLACK WOW

-also whats a great polish/swirl remover

-in other words i need everything to restock... tire dressing and interior im very picky!!! also im buying a shampooer dont know where to buy it the store swiss? or home depo? need commerical standard.. exterior i need best sealt, liquid wax, if someone could take their time and help me out id much appriciate it

im planning to open a detailing shop, and i want best products im going to be doing cars for hotels (when they do complimtary) also dealerships and lots of buisness owners (mainly drive porches n vettes) so i need the best i can get in good value.. the shops here at the moment charge 200 bucks with a smiple shampoo and wax etc.. the car looks like #### after still swirls n crap, so im planning to charge anywhere from 200-300 bucks to swirl/scratch removal do alot better job than they do, also i want to get my vending license and have detailing shop in the back (garage) in front with 2 cars one done by us and other done by any other shop.. so costumers could see the diffrance and sell car cleaning products in the front... that thought will be in about 6 months to a year from now, for starters renting a garage and doing detailing for buisnesses mainly.
    thanx ehead for anyone that can help me out all tips will be much appriciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with picking product

first off the PC is not a rotary so I would do a bit of homework before jumping into anything head first, and as far as products go, you do not want to jump in and start buying bulk, invest the money to try many products as many work better for different applications and processes, if not you will end up with about 30 or so 3/4 gallons of product that you will never use

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice, Image.

Post Thanks / Like

As offered the kit you showed is a Random Orbital Buffer not a rotary, and it already contains the swirl removers you asked for later in question. This is a nice kit, but for your needs a Flex Random Orbital or a rotary is going to be needed. (I suspect you might have meant buffer versus rotary from the beginning)

As for interiors, look no further than Poorboys Natural Shine or Einszett Cockpit Premium. I dont believe they are sold in bulk but nice none the less. If you really want bulk, buy 303 protectant. It will leave the lightest of sheen (kinda matte) and adds a super UV protectant.

Tire protectants that are water based wont last as long, but should not attract dust the way gels and silicones seem to. Surf City and Poorboys Bright and Bold are nice. In bulk, likely Megs Hyper Dressing. (dont use it personally)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the advice so far and i apoligize for the rotory buffer or w/e not too great with that got to do practice on it, what would be the best kit to remove scratches, swirls, and refresh the paint

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

1z Cockpit Premium for interiors and for tires try Megs Hyper Dressing. You can dilute it 1:1 for a shiny look to 4:1 for a matte look. It is very versatile and like killr said you can buy it in bulk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dime44 View Post
    thanks for the advice so far and i apoligize for the rotory buffer or w/e not too great with that got to do practice on it, what would be the best kit to remove scratches, swirls, and refresh the paint

thanks

Menzerna polishes for ceramic clear coat paint, Flex buffer, Nano polish, super intensive, Lake Country pads, Show car kit

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanx killrwheels just what i wanted is that the kit you use??? also im planning to do cars for dealerships so im going to need the best to refresh paint to almost new im leaving on vecation for 3 weeks then im ordering a kit and doing my gf's roomates blue tiburon and i will post pics of it to show how it came out n then give me more tips thanx alot all of you