autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Glass cleaning at car wash

I took my car to the car wash, something i never do. I had no choice, no time to wash myself and had a party to go to and my car was nasty from dust and rain.
    Anyway's i was watching how the guy cleaned my windows. He used a basic towel and a window spray. I have never seen my windows so clean. I have used numerous products and have had some kind of streaking or lint left behind.
    What i'm getting at, is that sometimes the simple way's of doing things are right in front of our faces. I have spent so much money and time on products for windows and have never been satisfied. I see the guy clean my windshield in and out in less than 2 minutes and it looked better than ever??
    What cleaner do they use? I asked but he wouldn't tell me. The towel was just a non lint type towel, not waffle , microfiber or anything special.
    I have to get my hands on some of this stuff, at least get the name of the cleaner!!
    Maybe i should get a part time at this place to find out the secrets :Anyone have any ideas what they use??
    Last edited by jbequer; 05-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow Glass cleaning at car wash

I have seen some really simple procedures for cleaning glass that didn't involve any special cleaners or fabrics....just newspaper and cleaner ____.

-Matt
    2002 Pontiac Firehawk

Post Thanks / Like

alot of car washes use a surgical huch towel..great towel for glass and they DO not lint at all....and they are not expensive...

The Towel Outlet | Bath Towels | Hand Towels | Microfiber Towels | Car wash Towels

and the mix they use is usally a water alcohol mix or a concentrate like ZEP commerical glass cleaner concentrate..1 gallon make 35 gallons of glass cleaner and it works great...I use it now and its streak free....I am a big Sprayway user and this stuff is much better..its 9,89 a gallon at home depot...and its Ammonia free....but it has to be the concentrate stuff....

Al

Post Thanks / Like

IMO it seems tough to beat some of the ones that we have available at AG. Surf City and SIG are both good. I used some pink stuff that was heavily diluted before I found AG and it won't touch the two I mentioned.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The best stuff I ever tried so far came from a friend who is a pinstriper. They use 3/4 ordinary windshield washer fluid mixed with 1/4 IPA. I've never seen anything cleaner or more streak free.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

ONR quick detail mix! my new window cleaner...inside and out

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners invisible glass + 2 microfiber towels works for me. One towel to clean and one towel to buff off the haze.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been on in awhile, so sorry it's an old post. I will use only Sprayway from now on, as it made my cavalier's windows disappear. My wife said it looked as if there was no glass in it; that's the kind of clean I was looking for ever since I started to "seriously" clean my cars. I both emailed and wrote a regular letter to the company and told them their product's performance satisfied me to the point of making my mind up not to buy anything else anymore.
    "Now don't tell me you're the one they kept..."-Moe

"Naw, I'm the one they threw away."-Larry

Post Thanks / Like

the key to any window cleaning is to buff off the haze....use a microfibre cloth and you will see the difference....

Post Thanks / Like

love surf city, but i have also been using DP 4-n-1 lately and it works awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast