autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need recommendation on DA polisher

I'm interested in purchasing a DA polisher to be used on my 1 year old car. I currently have a black & decker (don't laugh, it was a gift quite a while ago!) random orbital, but it doesn't have any power if you put any pressure on it at all...it just stops spinning and tries to shake out of your hand. I would be using the polisher to remover swirl marks and just general polishing/waxing. I'm trying to decide between the PC, G110, or Flex. I'm not sure if I can justify the money for the Flex (meaning I can't talk my wife into it). So, understanding that the Flex is the better unit, which would be better for me between the G110, and the PC (if the Flex isn't an option)? I like to wax the car frequently during the summer (once a month or so), but usually do it by hand. I've noticed the last time I waxed that there are quite a few swirl marks in the paint. My buddy loaned my his rotary, and I tried it on my 99 Taurus, but I don't feel confident taking it to a 1 year old car. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need recommendation on DA polisher

I have a PC 7424, so far so good. If I had more money to spend I would have picked up the Flex, I have heard some great things bout the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a rotary, flex and pc. I still find many uses for the pc and will always keep this in my arsenal. So if your budget only allows for a pc then go for it, you won't regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you put some pressure on the PC and G110 without bogging them down? Any pressure that I try to put on the B&D just causes it to bog.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the size of the pad, the bigger the pad the more it will bog down with pressure applied. I find the 5.5 inch pads work well with the pc.

Post Thanks / Like

get the Flex ... otherwise you will want to upgrade from the PC/UDM all to quickly. If I had them both available at same time, I would have gone Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
    I'm not sure if I can justify the money for the Flex (meaning I can't talk my wife into it). So, understanding that the Flex is the better unit, which would be better for me between the G110, and the PC (if the Flex isn't an option)?
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    get the Flex ... otherwise you will want to upgrade from the PC/UDM all to quickly. If I had them both available at same time, I would have gone Flex.
    Did you read the OP? He already knows that the flex is better but wants to know what to get if he can't talk his wife into letting him spend the money for a flex. That is why I recommended the pc since it is proving and still used by many (including myself and I own a flex).

Post Thanks / Like

I can read ... and I can tell you about regrets and additional wants. Why not spend a little more and be satisfied, versus giving the wife a hard time because she didnt see the "value" in the better unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Just save up and get the flex as the wifie will be uber pissed when you tell her how you cant stand how long it takes with a pc to polish the car and want to buy something much better and much faster.
    No more supercharger,i now have twin turbo,s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC View Post
    If you decide you do not want to go Flex route and have to decide between PC/UDM/G110 I would go for G110. IMHO and IMHE it is better. More power, does not bog down, less vibrations and less noise is my opinion of it / experiece with it.

Even if you later decide you want Flex G110 will not become redundant. You can use it for carpets, spots, wax application/removal, stuff that Flex does not lend itself to.

I have both PC and Flex and that is what I do.
    Thanks ZoranC,
    That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'd love the Flex, but I just spent a good buck on a better sound system so she's not really in the giving mood if you know what I mean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast